Mouse right click bug in P3D v.4.3

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Pelium19

Mouse right click bug in P3D v.4.3

Post by Pelium19 »

When I right-click the P3Dv.3 it freezes for 2 min. Any suggestions?
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Re: Mouse right click bug in P3D v.4.3

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello Pelium19,

To have us assist you further, could you please review this topic and let us know the results from following the troubleshooting steps? Also, can you provide the details of your system?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

If the issue is determined to be caused by an add-on, you will likely want to reach out to the add-on developer for direct support. If they need any support with development, they should not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
Pelium19

Post by Pelium19 »

Hi Brady,

I formatted my computer and installed the full version P3D 4.3 and initially it worked without problems and soon after began to present again. Interestingly, in version 4.2 this kind of problem never happened.
When I uninstall the P3D client V4.3 and install Client V4.2 version the problem disappears.

Prepar3D version: 4.3
Operating system: Windows 10 PRO
All add-ons installed: ASP4 FOR P3D 4.3, ORBOX, REX Sky Force 3D, Chase Plane, 737 Imersion, Precipt Fix, Piper and C182 A2A, PMDG 737.
Hardware: 32 RAM, GeForce 1080, i7 6800K hexa core 3.4 GHZ, Asus X99-AII Motherboard, SSD 512MB dedicade for P3D
Changes made to your system – overclocking, graphics accelerators (NVIDIA Inspector), debuggers: No
Changes to Prepar3D's settings or configuration files: Default
Crash logs or error messages: No
Pelium19

Post by Pelium19 »

Complementing what I said, I noticed that when I put the game in the 2D window by right-clicking the mouse and directing the pointer to the taskbar it works.
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello,

Did you try step 5 in the general debugging steps linked above?

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Pelium19

Post by Pelium19 »

"Did you try step 5 in the general debugging steps linked above?"
Yes Brady, I did but dont work.
Any other suggestions?
Best Regards
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello,

The solutions I found were either fixed from updating the mouses driver or by uninstalling add-ons and re-adding them until the add-on that was causing the issue was identified.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Pelium19

Post by Pelium19 »

Hello Brady, I thought the problem I describe is happening to me only, but it is happening with other users who have updated to version 4.3. I copy here a post in the forum of AVSIM and I observe several users complaining and I copy here one of the post which is exactly what happens also with me.I have done everything that could be done and the problem persists.

"Hi gents, I'm having an annoying problem on using mouse to operate the 4.3 version. Everytime I click and drag the mouse (using some lever for example, throttle, prop, mixture, etc), or when I right click, or clicking MMB, my sim freezes and it only come back if I put the cursor out of the screen or at a menu item.
I've tried with 4 different GPU drivers (with and without NVInspector), including the last Nvidia driver, and with a full installation of P3D (even deleted all the LM folders at MyDocs, Appdata, ProgrameData after unistall to make sure I clean everything, etc). All my system and hardware drivers are up to date.
So this is on a fresh sim, all default, with ZERO add-ons. Loading from the start screen a default aircraft, on the default airport. I have my sim on a folder direct on 😄 drive (C:\P3D_V4) as I always do since FS9 times, and did on every P3D version as wel. Running on admin rights of course. My Avira Anti-Virus have P3D and it's folders on the "excluded" apps list, but I tried with it turned of either.
Tried without any hardware plugged in (apart from the mouse obviously), and tried with a different mouse, same result.
Can't think of anything more to do...
I'm close to do a full system install, but I'm here to try my luck on a different approach first, I hope, considering my system is behaving normally and a full system install is a tedious thing to do (not the installation but the needed backups I didn't make yet lol).
Some observations:
If I disable "cockpit tool tips" I can right click (to bring menu up) and use MMB without freezing, but the "click and drag" still freezes the sim. With the "cockpit tool tips" option activated, when using right click and MMB the sim freezes again.
The strange thing is the sounds continue to work (in a loop kind of state).
Left single click is always working fine, the problem is when I click and drag.Z"
The freeze only happens when I click and drag the mouse on a "lever" (axis) command, like throttles, prop, mixture, spoiler, or any other VC object operated by click and drag method.
I can normally fly without mouse (as I have hardware yoke, throttle quadrant and pedals), but the problem occurs on v4.3 only. Single click commands are working fine, any button command works.
In fact I did the normal client update as I always did, and noticed the problem on the A2A Comanche which was the first add-on I've opened after the 4.3 update. When I tried to operate the cockpit vents and defroster (I don't have buttons assigned to it, so I operate those levers with mouse) using click and drag my sim froze. So I tested with a bunch of other add-ons and bingo, same problem with click and drag commands. Default aircraft, same. Then I went to the full reinstall process and trouble-shooting I mentioned on my OP. Fresh sim, zero add-ons, no hardware connected to PC, 3 different mouse, same problem.
I'm finding this in contentsErrors in P3D V4.3 but I do not know if this is influencing anything. Verify that this dll is in the root folder of P3D.
[error.0]
error = Error loading VirtualReality.dll: The specified module could not be found.

Thanks for your suggestions anyway.
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello,

Are you using any mouse software that isn't supported/provided by the mouse manufacturer?

What mouse are you using?

Did you try updating all of your add-ons (if they're out of date)?

Did you try uninstalling all of your add-ons?

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Pelium19

Post by Pelium19 »

Brady Butler wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:53 pm Hello,

Are you using any mouse software that isn't supported/provided by the mouse manufacturer?
No, I don't use any software for my mouse (windows drive only)
What mouse are you using?
Razer DeathAdder
Did you try updating all of your add-ons (if they're out of date)?
Yes, alls add-ons is update.
Did you try uninstalling all of your add-ons?
Yes, but don't work the mouse keeps issue.
I've tried 3 different mouse . Same issue.
I'm convincing myself that the problem is in version 4.3, why do I say this? Because when I install version 4.2 the mouse problem disappears and everything is normal.
Thanks Brady, really appreciate your concern.
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello Pelium19,

I thought the part about trying the 3 different mice in your previous post was from the other forum post you found and copy/pasted, my apologies.

Unfortunately, you may want to try to uninstall Prepar3D completely.

If you choose to go this route you should first run the "Delete Generated Files" shortcut in the Prepar3D main folder before uninstalling. Once the uninstall is complete, you should then delete the main Prepar3D folder if it's still there after the uninstall. It's possible that an add-on wrote to a file inside the Prepar3D directory and did not get removed. Then do a full install of v4.3 and test it before adding anything else.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Pelium19

Post by Pelium19 »

Hello Brady,

Continuing the case, I completely uninstalled P3D v4.3 by following all the instructions for thorough cleaning of the files. After installation, I opened P3D V4.3 and everything worked normal without mouse click bug. However, today when I open P3D the issue go back and continue everything in default without installation of any addons. I do not know what else to do.
Any suggestions Brady?