Quito/Mariscal Sucre Int Airport (SEQM) in wrong location

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
TobiasWilcox

Quito/Mariscal Sucre Int Airport (SEQM) in wrong location

Post by TobiasWilcox »

I'm not sure if these posts ever get acted upon, since my last post relating to a UAAA problem on Sept 18th didn't even elicit a response one way or another. I would like to think someone at Prepar3d takes an interest, but as with many forums, post are made and just vanish into obscurity and nothing happens to remedy the issue. Prepar3ed promote the simulation platform as realistic, but arriving at an airport over 5 hours later to find it a good 4 or more nm from where it should be and over 1100 feet higher is not realistic and quiet irritating.
Martyson

Re: Quito/Mariscal Sucre Int Airport (SEQM) in wrong location

Post by Martyson »

TobiasWilcox wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:51 am I'm not sure if these posts ever get acted upon, since my last post relating to a UAAA problem on Sept 18th didn't even elicit a response one way or another. I would like to think someone at Prepar3d takes an interest, but as with many forums, post are made and just vanish into obscurity and nothing happens to remedy the issue. Prepar3ed promote the simulation platform as realistic, but arriving at an airport over 5 hours later to find it a good 4 or more nm from where it should be and over 1100 feet higher is not realistic and quiet irritating.
Which P3D version are you testing?
Did you fly a default P3D aircraft?
Did you use the default P3D default flight planner for your route / data?

Edit:
I searched and found this :
https://www.airdailyx.net/article/fsxce ... cal-sucre/
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
TobiasWilcox

Post by TobiasWilcox »

Thanks for your reply Martyson. I will try the seqm in your link, so thank you. To answer your questions... p3d v4.3; no, i'm using pmdg 747-400F & no, my route is planned using pmdgs in-built FMC which is accurate in this case. As in, you end up exactly where you would in the real world, but no airport to land on. The IFR charts show seqm @ lat: S 0 7.27' Lon: W78 29.26' @ 7910 feet. In-game it is located s 0 8.65' W 78 21' 16:00 @ 9241 feet. Note: I have no add on scenery, just using the default.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

TobiasWilcox wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:52 pm Thanks for your reply Martyson. I will try the seqm in your link, so thank you. To answer your questions... p3d v4.3; no, i'm using pmdg 747-400F & no, my route is planned using pmdgs in-built FMC which is accurate in this case. As in, you end up exactly where you would in the real world, but no airport to land on. The IFR charts show seqm @ lat: S 0 7.27' Lon: W78 29.26' @ 7910 feet. In-game it is located s 0 8.65' W 78 21' 16:00 @ 9241 feet. Note: I have no add on scenery, just using the default.
" I have no add on scenery, just using the default."

If using default scenery use default aircraft / flight planner for your flights and everything will will match up.

If you want to use add-on aircraft and navdata that use real world airports / scenery then purchase add-on flight planner , aircraft , navdata and up to date airports / scenery for your flights and everything will better line up.
Best Regards,
TobiasWilcox

Post by TobiasWilcox »

"If using default scenery use default aircraft / flight planner for your flights and everything will will match up."

For reasons I do not understand, Prepar3d didn't include any jet propelled aircraft, other than fighter jets (not my area of interest/learning), thus the need to use pmdg which has a good reputation for technical realism. I assumed, wrongly maybe, that I would be able to use these aircraft within Prepar3d's simulated environment and be able to land them on airports that are located where they are in real life. Since my interest is in jet propelled aircraft (non fighter versions), I have no choice but to use add-on aircrafts.

"If you want to use add-on aircraft and navdata that use real world airports / scenery then purchase add-on flight planner , aircraft , navdata and up to date airports / scenery for your flights and everything will better line up."

I have no choice but to use add-on aircraft for the reasons mentioned, and i'm using external flight planner, nav data etc and they send me where they should, but they are of no use if the airports are not located where they should be in the real world. I would have assumed (not unreasonably), that the airports within the simulation would be located where they are in the real world, and not find myself in a position of needing to purchase add-on scenery to accomodate prepar3d's inaccurate airport location(s). I would however accept the need to purchase airport scenery etc to add improved visual realism to the built in airports.

On a lighter note, why are their no female pilots(avatars) in Prepar3d? Or did I miss them?
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

TobiasWilcox wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:46 pm "If using default scenery use default aircraft / flight planner for your flights and everything will will match up."

For reasons I do not understand, Prepar3d didn't include any jet propelled aircraft, other than fighter jets (not my area of interest/learning), thus the need to use pmdg which has a good reputation for technical realism. I assumed, wrongly maybe, that I would be able to use these aircraft within Prepar3d's simulated environment and be able to land them on airports that are locate where they are in real life. Since my interest is in jet propelled aircraft (non fighter versions), I have no choice but to use add-on aircrafts.

"If you want to use add-on aircraft and navdata that use real world airports / scenery then purchase add-on flight planner , aircraft , navdata and up to date airports / scenery for your flights and everything will better line up."

I have no choice but to use add-on aircraft for the reasons mentioned, and i'm using external flight planner, nav data etc and they send me where they should, but they are of no use if the airports are not located where they should be in the real world. I would have assumed (not unreasonably), that the airports within the simulation would be located where they are in the real world, and not find myself in a position of needing to purchase add-on scenery to accomodate prepar3d's inaccurate airport location(s). I would however accept the need to purchase airport scenery etc to add improved visual realism to the built in airports.

On a lighter note, why are their no female pilots(avatars) in Prepar3d? Or did I miss them?
When did you purchase P3D?
Have you used FSX in the past?

So, for P3D you have already upgraded all to real world except airports that have changed (moved location, changed runways, ILS's , frequencies , taxiways, buildings etc. ).

For other questions (like avatars) better to start a new forum topic/subject.
Best Regards,
TobiasWilcox

Post by TobiasWilcox »

"When did you purchase P3D?" July 2017
"Have you used FSX in the past?" No & as i understand it, it's died a slow death since Microsoft stopped further development on it, remaining 32 bit & being unsupported being the biggest drawbacks.

"So, for P3D you have already upgraded all to real world except airports that have changed (moved location, changed runways, ILS's , frequencies , taxiways, buildings etc. )"

"40 high-detail cities and almost 25,000 airports with 3-D buildings specific to the city (e.g. The White House is in Washington D.C.)." according to Prepar3d's product overview.

I assumed the airports they included would be accurately located within the simulated environment and use up-to-date runway designations, frequencies, taxiways etc, at least as of July 2017. If that is not the case, which I'm inferring from your suggested remedies, is there some solution available to me from prepared or if need be, elsewhere, that will enable me to update my current airports to accurately reflect those in the real world, if nothing else, from a geographically correct location?
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

TobiasWilcox wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:53 pm "When did you purchase P3D?" July 2017
"Have you used FSX in the past?" No & as i understand it, it's died a slow death since Microsoft stopped further development on it, remaining 32 bit & being unsupported being the biggest drawbacks.

"So, for P3D you have already upgraded all to real world except airports that have changed (moved location, changed runways, ILS's , frequencies , taxiways, buildings etc. )"

"40 high-detail cities and almost 25,000 airports with 3-D buildings specific to the city (e.g. The White House is in Washington D.C.)." according to Prepar3d's product overview.

I assumed the airports they included would be accurately located within the simulated environment and use up-to-date runway designations, frequencies, taxiways etc, at least as of July 2017. If that is not the case, which I'm inferring from your suggested remedies, is there some solution available to me from prepared or if need be, elsewhere, that will enable me to update my current airports to accurately reflect those in the real world, if nothing else, from a geographically correct location?
Ok, you purchased over a year ago.
Why did you not ask about this last year after your initial tests before buying payware products?
If you were not happy then you could have gotten your purchase price refunded.

Product Overview:
https://www.prepar3d.com/product-overview/
Best Regards,
TobiasWilcox

Post by TobiasWilcox »

Most of the airports I visit are fine. Its just frustrating to travel for hours and find no airport where it should be, or an airport with runways missing. I assumed if nothing else they would be geographically situated in the right place. If I purchased all the areas orbx covered, would that resolve my problem? Or will doing that mean in some places like the one I mention here, i will end up with two airports with same name in two different places. If not orbx, are there any other good products you have come across?

Incidently, should I give the wrong impression, I enjoy using Prepar3d, it's an excellent product and I wouldn't wish to change it. I just find it somewhat bemusing that a great deal of effort and development work has gone into making it as detailed and immersive as possible and something as (seemingly) straight forward as getting an airport in the correct location is not possible unless you spend a fortune on 3rd party scenery, which I assume would fix it.

Also, thatn you for taking time out of your day to advise me, i appreciate your patience.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

TobiasWilcox wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:56 pm Most of the airports I visit are fine. Its just frustrating to travel for hours and find no airport where it should be, or an airport with runways missing. I assumed if nothing else they would be geographically situated in the right place. If I purchased all the areas orbx covered, would that resolve my problem? Or will doing that mean in some places like the one I mention here, i will end up with two airports with same name in two different places. If not orbx, are there any other good products you have come across?
I always make a very short training flight for new departures/destinations and use the P3D Map to verify runways, ILS/freq etc, before doing a long flight to that departure / destination.

I only purchase new scenery / airports that I often file flight plans for.

Before purchasing any new add-on it is best to ask the developer directly.

Some developers may offer refunds and some do not.

As for mistakes like airport in new location just treat it as an in flight emergency and use piloting skills to re-route yourself and land at alternate airport as programmed in your PMDG route.
Best Regards,
TobiasWilcox

Post by TobiasWilcox »

"As for mistakes like airport in new location just treat it as an in flight emergency and use piloting skills to re-route yourself and land at alternate airport as programmed in your PMDG route."

That's what I call thinking outside the box. Love it !!
jfriz

Post by jfriz »

I have had the same problem with Quito, the airport was moved several years ago.
Best, Jerry Friz