PDK Animations

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
BenBaron

PDK Animations

Post by BenBaron »

Hi all,

for a new project we have to decide whether we go down the SimConnect or PDK path. Due to no experience with the PDK I am leaning more towards SimConnect, at the moment.

One major advantage would be the possibility to trigger custom animations on a SimObject on a per-instance base. Meaning I could spawn several SimObjects of the same type and trigger their animations seperately.

Until now, I had the impression this wasn't possible, at least using SimConnect, so everyone was using LVARs for custom animations which obviously work on all SimObjects of the same type.

If this was possible with the PDK (IAnimationControllerV01?), then this would strongly go in favor for the PDK.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Greets, Benny
Prepar3DGuy

Re: PDK Animations

Post by Prepar3DGuy »

Hi, Benny.
Look at this topic http://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=117974. SimpleAirplane example well illustrate creation of animation and controlling it through PDK.
BenBaron

Re: PDK Animations

Post by BenBaron »

Thanks for your input. I am going down the PDK path, now.

Greets, Benny