Military aircrafts

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Sky_1

Military aircrafts

Post by Sky_1 »

Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum, if I opened the thread in the wrong place, please excuse me
I'd like to ask you about military aircrafts ( free flight )
I know, that's not a combat simulator.
Are there some good looking cockpits ( textures ) ??
I watched some videos on YouTube, F 14 Tomcat looks pretty good
I'm ready to spend some bucks for some aircrafts, sceneries, ORBX, etc
Please give me some advices, guys, which sceneries, aircrafts, would you recommend.
Thank you very much, in advance
hermes82

Re: Military aircrafts

Post by hermes82 »

both aerosoft and dino cattaneo produce excellent f14's but dino's is freeware available from indiafoxtecho along with his payware f35, eurofighter typhoon and a few more good quality aircraft, a good quality hawker hunter by Dave Garwood available at http://daveg.cbfsim.org/ sim skunk works PA200 tornado and AV8-b, metal to mesh mirage 2,000 and the list goes on, there are too many to mention in one article but if you can think of an aircraft then google it, some freeware works so i'd try looking under the heading fsx as well as p3d, there are plenty of high quality freeware aircraft out there including one's not available as payware, the cbfs mosquito being a prime example
Pop

Post by Pop »

The VRS FA18E and TACPAC (both payware) are great. With FSX@WAR and CCP, comes close to a "combat sim".
Sky_1

Post by Sky_1 »

Thank you very much
What's the difference between the F14 Aerosoft, and the free one?
Which one has better textures?
akanishta

Post by akanishta »

There are a lot of good military jets you can use in P3D.

FlyFreeStudio: Mig-29A, Mig-29K/KUB, and Su-33 are all v4 right now, and a lot of their older FSX aircraft work perfectly in v4 like their Typhoon and Pak Fa/Su-57

IndiaFoxtrotEcho: F-35, Typhoon, S-211/M-345, S-3, T-45, F-14D, and now C-2/E-2.

Bear Studios: All of their FSX aircraft work in v4 like the J-10, J-10B, J-11B, and Su-30

Metal2Mesh: Mirage 2000

JustFlight: Meteor, Hawker Hunter, Tornado GR1, Hawk T1, and they're close to releasing a Tornado F3

Sim Skunk Works: F-104G, F-104S, F-84, Harrier, Tornado GR1, and G-91R

Milviz: F-86, F-100, F-4E, F-4J/S, T-38

Razbam: Their FSX F-102 and A-7 both work (vc lighting in the F-102 doesn't support dynamic lighting, all versions of the A-7 work)

Virtavia: Their FSX F-105 and F-106 both work (I had a lot of problems with the flight dynamics with their A-4, but it will install and load into v4)

Glowing Heat: I've got their B-58 working fine in v4 (check out all the freeware mods for it if you get it)

Sim Works Studios: F-4B/N

Aerosoft: F-14A, Lightning F6, Lightning T5, F-16

Bookmark: Draken (FSX version works in v4 and they are supposedly working on a new v4 version)

Rob Richardson: Can confirm that the F9F-8/T and Sea Hawk work in v4. Had a few gauges in the Meteors that didn't work, like in the NF11.

Team KBT: F-2A/B

The FSX native conversion of the Alpha/Virtavia F-80 works.

Dave Garwood's Hawker Hunter and Hunter T work.

The freeware Mig-21 works. Check out the TacPack version of it.

Tim Conrad's T-33X works. Look for the version with the original vc textures.
akanishta

Post by akanishta »

Sky_1 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:20 am Thank you very much
What's the difference between the F14 Aerosoft, and the free one?
Which one has better textures?
Aerosoft modeled the early F-14A and Dino did the later F-14D. The D variant had different avionics and different engines.