P3d v4.2 missing autogen

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
snooty83

P3d v4.2 missing autogen

Post by snooty83 »

Hello
I have P3d v4.2 installed. I have extreme problems with the autogen.
At the departure airport, the car is full. When I arrive at the approach airport, it takes a long time until the autogenous charge.
I tested. If I am a few miles from the departure airport, the autogenous will reload very reluctantly. I have the GTX1080Ti, 32gb ram and the I7 8700k processor.
It's not nice to fly like that. What can I do?
Greetings Dani

sorry google translator
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: P3d v4.2 missing autogen

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Dani,

You may need to further adjust some settings. Version 4 loads a much larger amount of autogen at the same slider levels than previous versions. This combined with other high settings and detailed add-on airports can cause what you're seeing with autogen.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
snooty83

Post by snooty83 »

Hello Rob
I have Autogen draw distance set to high before very hight. I fly with 400kias. The autogenous will not be recharged faster. What else can I do? I really have a very good PC. That can not be the problem.
Greetings Dani
AnkH

Post by AnkH »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 2:26 pm You may need to further adjust some settings. Version 4 loads a much larger amount of autogen at the same slider levels than previous versions. This combined with other high settings and detailed add-on airports can cause what you're seeing with autogen.
Seriously, that is the "solution"? Did you check his hardware specs? No wonder, all other autogen late loading threads remain unanswered. So, only on "medium" you can expect fast autogen loading? Or do you mean, you only have autogen loading in advance, if you reduce density to "medium" or below? So, why offering at all this increased autogen drawing distance? I don't get it, really.

BTW: in Version v4.1, the drawing distance and density was not noticeably lower, yet this damn issue was not there. Strange, no? Even stranger: if you load P3Dv4.2 for the first time, the autogen is loaded around your plane as it should. Then, select "new Scenario" and compare, autogen is loaded late and in Patches. Select a third time "new Scenario", and the autogen is initially not loaded at all. To me, this rather seems that there is something wrong instrinsically in v4.2 with autogen loading...
------------------
Chris

Hardware: i7 8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX-1080Ti OC, Samsung SSDs (250GB for OS, 2TB for P3D), Windows 10 Home
snooty83

Post by snooty83 »

Hello @Rob McCarthy

So I do not think this is a hardware issue. As I read various forum, so many have the same problems as me. Can you please look at that in your team and correct for the v4.2? do you know when the next update comes out?

Greetings Dani
samwheeler

Post by samwheeler »

AnkH wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 3:04 pm
Rob McCarthy wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 2:26 pm You may need to further adjust some settings. Version 4 loads a much larger amount of autogen at the same slider levels than previous versions. This combined with other high settings and detailed add-on airports can cause what you're seeing with autogen.
Seriously, that is the "solution"? Did you check his hardware specs? No wonder, all other autogen late loading threads remain unanswered. So, only on "medium" you can expect fast autogen loading? Or do you mean, you only have autogen loading in advance, if you reduce density to "medium" or below? So, why offering at all this increased autogen drawing distance? I don't get it, really.

BTW: in Version v4.1, the drawing distance and density was not noticeably lower, yet this damn issue was not there. Strange, no? Even stranger: if you load P3Dv4.2 for the first time, the autogen is loaded around your plane as it should. Then, select "new Scenario" and compare, autogen is loaded late and in Patches. Select a third time "new Scenario", and the autogen is initially not loaded at all. To me, this rather seems that there is something wrong instrinsically in v4.2 with autogen loading...

I honestly couldn't agree more. Something in genuinely broken with the autogen loading. I have spoken to so many people, who are all running v4.2 and every single one of them has issues with it loading in after departure. I don't have a bad system, and I have a drive just for P3D, nothing else is running on it, so it can't be getting slowed down. My textures are fine as well. Something really needs to be fixed. It's getting so annoying..
samwheeler

Post by samwheeler »

After doing a bunch of testing, the one and only thing that makes my autogen load, albeit not very far, is setting the "Autogen Draw Distance" to Medium. Anything higher causes the autogen to lag behind.. I got three other people to test this out and it all helped them on different systems. So our options are have autogen but only two feet in front of us or have no autogen at all if we want it further. Please fix this.
jgoggi

Post by jgoggi »

I really hope this will be one of the main issue to be fixed in v 4.3. There have been a lot of reports since v 4.2 of autogen not loading at destination, even with the most advanced hardware. I don't have a latest generation video card, but have done a lot of tests and the ONLY way to have autogen loading at destination is by using draw distance=MEDIUM...
pmb

Post by pmb »

jgoggi wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:59 am I really hope this will be one of the main issue to be fixed in v 4.3. There have been a lot of reports since v 4.2 of autogen not loading at destination, even with the most advanced hardware. I don't have a latest generation video card, but have done a lot of tests and the ONLY way to have autogen loading at destination is by using draw distance=MEDIUM...
Same here. With "medium" the autogen builds up continually, sort of "grows" from the ground which I find quite pleasing to see. Unfortunately, the radius where it starts to "grow" is quite close, I would say not farther away than the autogen radius was in Prepar3d3.

Any setting above it loads in patches. I settled with "medium" for now, as I can't stand the fields of buildings popping up out of nothing.

Kind regards, Michael
Prepar3d4+5 Pro // Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung2 SSD 500 GB + SSD 1 TB + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64
AnkH

Post by AnkH »

Same here, settled with "medium" for now. But it still makes me slightly angry if I re-read what people like McCarthy write in such threads. If you get any reply at all.
------------------
Chris

Hardware: i7 8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX-1080Ti OC, Samsung SSDs (250GB for OS, 2TB for P3D), Windows 10 Home