P3D version 3.4 and New Pro ATC X version

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
bobsk8

P3D version 3.4 and New Pro ATC X version

Post by bobsk8 »

Since Pro ATC X version 1922 was released, and actually since 1920, I have had two issues with this update. It is triggered by ATC instructions either from Clearance Delivery or after TOD. The audio for the ATC instruction plays, but the text box does not start displaying at the same time. sometimes never appearing ( only the audio portion works) . When this happens, P3D becomes unresponsive either for a couple of seconds, or in the case at the TOD, for a much longer time. This unresponsiveness is clearly seen by the spinning circle and also by Task Manager, performance monitor. If any attempt is made to mouse click the P3D screen while this happens, the screen turns white like P3D is going to crash.

During the time that P3D is unresponsive, If I close down PATC when P3D is unresponsive ( spinning circle shows this) , P3D immediately starts working again. Also, in the case of Clearance delivery, if the text box appears again with a confirmation of instruction, P3D becomes responsive again. If I run version 1.9.1.9 or any version prior to that, everything works perfectly, and this problem does not or never has existed. .

Been working on this for weeks, along with tech support on the PATC forum, and am told that I am the only one experiencing this. I have tried everything, clean full installs of 1922, turning off AV and UAC, shutting down all add on's etc. I have no other problem with P3D version 3.4 which I fly maybe 12 hours minimum every week. I can fly dozens of flights with 1.9.1.9 or any earlier version of PATC with zero problems, but moving to version 1920-23 , and immediately the problem is on each and every flight. This seems to point to a definite problem with PATC version 1922. My question is, is anyone else running version 1922 with P3D version 3.4 , and if so, are you seeing a similar problem. It seems this is linked to text atc instructions from PATC not showing up, when the atc audio starts and happens only with clearance delivery or after the top of descent with approach instructions. All other ATC comms and text works perfectly
Martyson

Re: P3D version 3.4 and New Pro ATC X version

Post by Martyson »

I did a quick test as far as contacting delivery and ground.
ProATCx v1922 , P3Dv3.4
The text is dealyed a second or so after audio starts.
I normally have the text option turned off.

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
bobsk8

Post by bobsk8 »

That is what I found for clearance, about 2 seconds . Now wait for after TOD, and you will see that one of the next ATC commands will cause P3D to freeze for well over 15 second. Person on Avsim that uses version 3.4 found the same thing. .
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

"It is triggered by ATC instructions either from Clearance Delivery or after TOD."

No problems found with Clearance Delivery.

That is all I tested.
Best Regards,
bobsk8

Post by bobsk8 »

Martyson wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:38 pm "It is triggered by ATC instructions either from Clearance Delivery or after TOD."

That is all I tested.
If you saw a 1-2 second delay with Clearance delivery, I guarantee if you do a flight, after TOD you will see a major hang of P3D where the text box will not even show for over 10 seconds. Try it.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

bobsk8 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:51 pm
Martyson wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:38 pm "It is triggered by ATC instructions either from Clearance Delivery or after TOD."

That is all I tested.
If you saw a 1-2 second delay with Clearance delivery, I guarantee if you do a flight, after TOD you will see a major hang of P3D where the text box will not even show for over 10 seconds. Try it.
I went to the PROatc forum and seen your post.
There you mentioned other additional failure / setup information, like using AI aircraft.

I did not use AI in my quick test here.
I do not fly with AI traffic.

Which AI traffic program are you using?

Note:
I am not using ProATCx with P3Dv3 ... I use P3Dv4 now.
I only did a quick test on your initial failure with Departure.
And, I did not have a problem.
Best Regards,
bobsk8

Post by bobsk8 »

Martyson wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:06 pm
bobsk8 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:51 pm

That is all I tested.
I went to the PROatc forum and seen your post.
There you mentioned other additional failure / setup information, like using AI aircraft.

I did not use AI in my quick test here.
I do not fly with AI traffic.

Which AI traffic program are you using?

Note:
I am not using ProATCx with P3Dv3 ... I use P3Dv4 now.
I only did a quick test on your initial failure with Departure.
And, I did not have a problem.

All add ons were turned off, still had problem. I use MT6, and have for years with zero problems. MT 6 has nothing to do with this problem. Read my posts carefully. I use 1919 works perfectly. I go to 1920-1922, Problem occurs,.I go back to 1919, works perfectly. It's not my AI, my monitor, my harddrive, my video card, my PC desk-lamp. etc , causing this problem. It is 1920-1922 working with P3D version 3.4. If you are testing with P3D version 4, then we are both wasting our time. The clue that this problem is going to occur with P3D version 3.4, is the hesitation with clearance delivery of 1-2 seconds before the text shows up. You already said you saw that when you tried it.

If you don't want to try a full flight with 3.4 and PATC version 1922, then this discussion, frankly, is a waste of time.
bobsk8

Post by bobsk8 »

It is now my understanding that Pro ATC X version 1922 was never beta tested by anyone in P3D version 3, except by me. I discovered the problem immediately as soon as beta 1920 was tested, and it continued until the latest version was released.. Since no other beta testers even had P3D version 3.4, and I was the only one, they looked at my one report of a problem as not being a problem???????