4.2: SimConnect window doesn't stay on screen

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
sw34669

Re: 4.2: SimConnect window doesn't stay on screen

Post by sw34669 »

secludedsfx wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am Seems like a few have managed to have come across what's causing the issue and I've just been ensuring I can replicate it which I've been able to do constantly in SODE, GSX, Active Sky and Pro ATC.

Issue seems to be that the last number you press is being stored somewhere and is being called upon when you load a SimConnect window, instantly selecting said option in the menu.

So for example if I press "3" and then proceed to load up a SimConnect window it'll instantly select option 3.

Benedict
Bingo ! I see the same using FSUIPC, ActivePie, GSX and SODE
Looks like a key repeat/not flushing keyboard buffer issue !
LM .... thoughts ?
Mejjo

Post by Mejjo »

Finally! an answer to this nightmare problem that's been mind boggling. It certainly does seem that the last key i push is stored and automatically selected when opening another window.

Let's hope LM have a fix for this.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Thanks for the additional information. We're investigating the issue on our end.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
sw34669

Post by sw34669 »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:27 pm Thanks for the additional information. We're investigating the issue on our end.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob, thank you ! A lot of great stuff in 4.2 which we are all enjoying, good luck with your flushing() ;

If you need any info from my setup just PM me.

scott.
sw34669

Post by sw34669 »

sw34669 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:32 pm
Rob McCarthy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:27 pm Thanks for the additional information. We're investigating the issue on our end.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob, thank you ! A lot of great stuff in 4.2 which we are all enjoying, good luck with your flushing() ;

scott.
Forgot to add .. I am also seeing issues from time to time with the ATC window being greyed out . I cant help thnking this may be linked to this keyboard buffer issue . I have cleared out all my old scenario files from pre-4.2 but i got the grey menu again today.
sw34669

Post by sw34669 »

sw34669 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:26 pm
sw34669 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:32 pm

Regards,
Rob McCarthy

scott.
Forgot to add .. I am also seeing issues from time to time with the ATC window being greyed out . I cant help thnking this may be linked to this keyboard buffer issue . I have cleared out all my old scenario files from pre-4.2 but i got the grey menu again today.
i can now confirm the greyed out atc window is due to C:\Users\YourUserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D_Default.fxml
ErikNL

Post by ErikNL »

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Any chance for a hotfix, or do we have to wait for P3D v4.3?
Flinco

Post by Flinco »

For PRO-ATC users, change the InFlight menu access key to V instead of 1
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Flinco wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:33 pm For PRO-ATC users, change the InFlight menu access key to V instead of 1
I have not seen the problem in any previous tests.
ActiveSky beta, FSUIPC (newest), ATC menu selection/operation, P3D top menu (Options etc), Ezdok, F1 GTN750 (and more) all ok.

Until today, when I tested Pro-ATC after reading this problem post. I did see the problem with Pro-ATC.

Previously I had not tested Pro-ATC because their forum mentioned that their next update is not ready yet.
So, I am waiting for them to test their software with P3Dv4.2 and release their next update.

I still need to test more using number keys rather than the mouse (when available) to make the same selection.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Quick test.
Rebooted PC.
Loaded the default P3Dv4.2 flight.
Loaded a flight plan.
Brought up the default ATC (just for testing as I normally use Pro-ATC).
Used the top number keys to make all selections for this quick test.
Got ATIS , Delivery, clearance and readback, ground, taxi instructions, .... all ok.
End of quick test.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
iuli

Post by iuli »

I resolved with ProAtc by changing all the keys with CTRL+ Before opening the menu or select an action I keep CTRL pressed for around 5 seconds the menu keep remaining opened. Example, if I want to open checklist menu I keep pressing CTRL for around 5 seconds then I press key 4.

Same thing for GSX. Keep press CTRL key for few seconds then press F12.

It will be a temporary solution until a fix will come up.
gsumner

Post by gsumner »

I just wondered if the prepar3d team could offer a fix for this at present. Im missing my pro atc x a lot 😥. Im guessing 4.3 would be months away.

Graham
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

gsumner wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:44 pm I just wondered if the prepar3d team could offer a fix for this at present. Im missing my pro atc x a lot 😥. Im guessing 4.3 would be months away.

Graham
Me also

Kind Regards

Bernie.
KInd Regards

Bernie.
J van E

Post by J van E »

gsumner wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:44 pm I just wondered if the prepar3d team could offer a fix for this at present. Im missing my pro atc x a lot 😥. Im guessing 4.3 would be months away.

Graham
If we have to wait for 4.3 we are screwed. That will take months indeed. If not longer. We need a hotfix.
J van E

Post by J van E »

Martyson wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:08 pm Previously I had not tested Pro-ATC because their forum mentioned that their next update is not ready yet.
So, I am waiting for them to test their software with P3Dv4.2 and release their next update.
Late reply but yesterday the developers of ProATC said they can't fix this problem: LM has to fix it. So even the upcoming update of ProATC will have this problem!