4.2: SimConnect window doesn't stay on screen

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
J van E

4.2: SimConnect window doesn't stay on screen

Post by J van E »

The Windows that is used by addons liek Active Sky, GSX and ProATC to show a menu with option in P3D has problems since v4.2. I read about this already before installing 4.2: when you try to open the Window it disappears almost instantly again. Some thought it had to do with a wrong version of FSUIPC. However, yesterday I installed 4.2 on a completely new install of Windows 10, so no update but a full install, and when I tried to open the SimConnect window to check the Active Sky weather it popped up for a split second and then disappeared again. I do not use FSUIPC. When I give it a few more tries it sometimes stays on screen but I also noticed it's sometimes not possible to make a selection. All in all the window is useless now.

Since this isn't a problem with FSUIPC and since I have it with AS while others reported similar problems with GSX and/or ProATC I do think there is a problem with SimConnect in 4.2 itself...?
J van E

Re: 4.2: SimConnect window doesn't stay on screen

Post by J van E »

Odd... I am reading about this on all the forums I visit but here no one seems to have problems with it?

Is LM aware of the problem already?
TSC6440

Post by TSC6440 »

Experienced same behavior as reported by J van E.
Initially full install of 4.2, can't use any top screen options, FSUIPC, navigation, etc. all of them brief flickering and disappear.
Made a client update and same.
Right now full reinstall and upon P3D start, same trouble.
Means at least for me that P3DV4.2 can't be used.
Hope a quick action from LM.
Regards
TSC6440

Post by TSC6440 »

Problem occurs with FSUIPC5 installed.
I totally erased module (FSUIPC) within P3D file and everything is ok but I guess flying connected on Ivao network is definitely impossible.
Never has such experience with previous V4 or V4.1 installed.
Regards
hjmx

Re: 4.2: SimConnect window doesn't stay on screen - FSUIPC5

Post by hjmx »

Clear answer is needed. Either it is caused by FSUIPC, then we have to wait for Pete Dowson, or it is caused by simconnect, then LM should provide a patch asap.
PierreNantel

Post by PierreNantel »

Hi maybe i can help,

I also had those problems and i findout that i needed to update active sky with the new beta version and revert back to a older version of fsuipc. The new version of fsuipc dated January doesn’t work with P3D v4.2, the option on the menu bar disappears when you try to open them.

Now everything works well

Pierre
Pierre Nantel |Asus ROG STRIX Z270F | Intel I9-7700K 4.2 GHz | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D v5.2| AS for P3D v5 | Navigraph | PMDG 777 & 747 | Q400 | Airbus Pro
nomad71

Post by nomad71 »

I tried using an older version of FSUIPC like you recommend but I still have issues with Pro-ATC. GSX and ASN menus work ok.

Jose
J van E

Post by J van E »

This has NOTHING to do with FSUIPC. It is a SimConnect problem in 4.2. I don't use FSUIPC, I don't even have the installer of it on my hard disk, and I am having these problems on a brand new installed Windows 10 with a brand new installed P3D 4.2 (so no update) and so far the only addon which I have installed that uses the SimConnect window is Active Sky. As I said others have reported problems with ProATC and GSX which ALL use the exact same SimConnect window. And the problem is there with and without FSUIPC.

It is odd that some only have problems with specific addons but in the end it is all about the SimConnect window that's behaving erratic.
CFG874

Re: 4.2: SimConnect Fenster Bleibt Nicht Auf Dem Bildschirm - FSUIPC5

Post by CFG874 »

+1
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

We updated the SimConnect window to fix lag issues seen when opening and closing this screen. Are the add-ons experiencing this issue fully updated and compatible with 4.2? I recommend contacting these developers to see if they can reproduce the issue as well.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
J van E

Post by J van E »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:22 pm We updated the SimConnect window to fix lag issues seen when opening and closing this screen. Are the add-ons experiencing this issue fully updated and compatible with 4.2? I recommend contacting these developers to see if they can reproduce the issue as well.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Thanks for the reply. Not all addons are fully 4.2 compatible because some developers think their addon doesn’t need updating. It seem they are wrong. I will contact them.
srcooke

Post by srcooke »

Hello Rob,

ProATC uses a legacy simconnect ( 61259 ) which up to P3Dv4.1 worked without issue.

Is legacy support now terminated in v4.2 ?
Regards
Stephen Cooke
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Stephen,

Legacy SimConnect versions are still supported in 4.2.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
secludedsfx

Post by secludedsfx »

Seems like a few have managed to have come across what's causing the issue and I've just been ensuring I can replicate it which I've been able to do constantly in SODE, GSX, Active Sky and Pro ATC.

Issue seems to be that the last number you press is being stored somewhere and is being called upon when you load a SimConnect window, instantly selecting said option in the menu.

So for example if I press "3" and then proceed to load up a SimConnect window it'll instantly select option 3.

Benedict
J van E

Post by J van E »

In addition: this also seems to have to do with the number keys (1 to 0 on top of the keyboard). When I assign the 7 key to the window I have the problem, when I assign control-f11 I don't! Also when using the menu to get to the window things seem to work.

Somehow the number keys are acting up.