[RESOLVED] prepar3d V4 won't start

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Meiton

[RESOLVED] prepar3d V4 won't start

Post by Meiton »

Hi everyone

i know people been saying this and they solved the problem but not for me, prepar3d v4 does not start at all for me, every time i try to launch it it says something about building database for scenery files then nothing happens it simply quits and it's not even in the task manager, i restarted my computer, repaired it, reinstalled it, deleted the reg from the host file, deleted the regenerated files, i don't have a joystick or a sound card, no addons, i bought it about 8 pm and now it's 5 am and i didn't find a solution, i need some serious help.

prepared academic v4.1.7
my system is windows 7 64 bit
AMD FX 8350 eight core processor
GTX 970 windforce 4 gb graphics card
16 gb ram

i know my system is not good but at least i should be able to run it
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Re: prepar3d V4 won't start

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello Meiton,

To have us assist you further, could you please review this topic and let us know the results from following the troubleshooting steps? Also, can you provide the details of your system?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

If the issue is determined to be caused by an add-on, you will likely want to reach out to the add-on developer for direct support. If they need any support with development, they should not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
Meiton

Re: prepar3d V4 won't start

Post by Meiton »

hello, thanks for replying. i didn't have any addon, it turned out to be missing some windows files when i tried to refresh my system, i lost everything in the process but it was worth it, p3d is finally working :)
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Re: [RESOLVED] prepar3d V4 won't start

Post by Brady Butler »

Glad to hear you got it working! In the future if windows files are missing you should try to backup any data you want to keep before reinstalling/repairing Windows.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer