NSW Australia En-route scenery

Forum for Prepar3D Developers to show off their work or post about their add-ons or content created for Prepar3D
NormanLGibson

NSW Australia En-route scenery

Post by NormanLGibson »

I am now developing a further series of 15m imagery scenery specificaaly for medium to high altitude flight to simulate domestic and/or interstate and military flights. The scenery is economcal with HD space and very computer resource friendly.

NSW will be released hopefully prior to Christmas then followed by Victoria and Tasmania.

Here are a few early screenshots over NSW.

Near Katoomba

Far north Coast

Near Griffith

Near the Queensland border

Mid North Coast

Sydney
NormanLGibson

Re: NSW Australia En-route scenery

Post by NormanLGibson »

Missed one. Near Newcastle.
Aussie1234

Post by Aussie1234 »

Wow, Looks great Norman.
I resisted downloading your fantastic NT scenery as I already have Orbx Australia and Alice Springs. Fairly happy with that for high level scenery and Orbx Darwin has enough terminal information.
Now that you are doing NSW I'm interested in how your package will integrate with the Orbx AU region. (and Aero pelican, Warnervale, Fly Tampa Sydney etc.).
I currently often fly into the local YWLM using the base P3D V4.1 /Orbx AU scenery and it is a bit lacking. Your high level of Newcastle looks like it brings it to life.
Can you recommend a WLM airport scenery that will be compatible with your new NSW and P3D V4? I haven't see a good one since the FS9 days.

Aussie.
P3d V6: ProSim-AR B737 suite: Fully enc. 737 Cockpit:
ASky6: Orbx world: GSX2: Pilot2ATC: Open Cockpits & Simworld h'dware:
Ext view - 4 LCD monitors, 210' viewgroup from 1x RTX 4080 16Gb. Main i9-13900K MSI 64GB.
NormanLGibson

Post by NormanLGibson »

Aussie1234 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:04 am Wow, Looks great Norman.
I resisted downloading your fantastic NT scenery as I already have Orbx Australia and Alice Springs. Fairly happy with that for high level scenery and Orbx Darwin has enough terminal information.
Now that you are doing NSW I'm interested in how your package will integrate with the Orbx AU region. (and Aero pelican, Warnervale, Fly Tampa Sydney etc.).
I currently often fly into the local YWLM using the base P3D V4.1 /Orbx AU scenery and it is a bit lacking. Your high level of Newcastle looks like it brings it to life.
Can you recommend a WLM airport scenery that will be compatible with your new NSW and P3D V4? I haven't see a good one since the FS9 days.

Aussie.
Aussie,

This is a little test video that I made showing a takeoff from ORBX's Alice Springs to test a takeoff from a detailed airport into a lower resolution scenery for en-route flight. ORBX have done a great job of true color matching with the Australian landscape. You will see the join line between my scenery for NT and ORBX Alice Springs shortly following takeoff @ 0m:32sec. The color match is good but you can see the resolution difference until you gain altitude. During takeoff and landing you will (should) be concentrating on flying and not sight seeing in any case.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnG6h-87X2Q

To use my scenery I have turned ORBX landclass off, AU RED from memory.

Cheers,

Norm
NormanLGibson

Post by NormanLGibson »

This is a short video that I put together following a test flight. Water masks have not yet been produced.

The ATC chatter is only to add to the realism and may not be correct for the region.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gn0IuMU9MM&t=6s
brynmwr

Post by brynmwr »

Norm, I wonder if an option is to use the transparent LOD approach that FSAltitude used to use, so that you could climb out of and descend into the Orbx AU landclass and scenery? Cheers, Bryn.
NormanLGibson

Post by NormanLGibson »

Bryn,

I tried a lower LOD which is the case with FSA but found it not as good as the way I have it. This imagery is also a higher resolution than FSA.

Norm
NormanLGibson

Post by NormanLGibson »

Here is a short demonstration video on how low is acceptable for lower resolution scenery. The flight is over rural areas in a fast tactical jet. This type of flight does not require autogen as what you see are "real" features. PC performance is excellent, actually better than default scenery with autogen enabled. Cities obviously require tall buildings for realism.

The video is a flight in an F-35 north of Williamtown RAAF base where Australia's first F-35's will be based.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNRhdhWkuj8&t=19s
NormanLGibson

Post by NormanLGibson »

brynmwr wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:01 pm Norm, I wonder if an option is to use the transparent LOD approach that FSAltitude used to use, so that you could climb out of and descend into the Orbx AU landclass and scenery? Cheers, Bryn.
Hello Bryn,

I have been thinking about your suggestion. How do you feel about an install with two library entries, one as you suggest and the other how I currently have it. You would only need to switch one library entry ON and the other OFF depending on what type of flight you want. The reason I have it now is that in the other method if you bank the aircraft too much you will see both sceneries such as manouvering in fighter aircraft.

I would not take much from my end to install two entries.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Norm
brynmwr

Post by brynmwr »

I'd take it :)

When you're done with Australia, Iran, the Arabian peninsula, the Sahara and North Africa, and South Africa and the Namibian coast are awaiting your attention ;)
NormanLGibson

Post by NormanLGibson »

One of my favorite aircraft, an RAAF Pilatus PC-9A, realistically simulated by IRIS, shown here in Prepar3d v4.

NSW has a variety of landscapes ranging from interesting desert scape to beautiful white sandy beaches.

Most of the following screenshots are inland.

NormanLGibson

Post by NormanLGibson »

Here is a video featuring the IRIS Simulations PC-9A departing Williamtown RAAF airbase (default scenery) and a flight around NSW. Accurate flight and navigation was not the goal of the mission. I ran out of fuel at one point and refueled mid air. Background ATC is only for effects and may or may not be accurate for the actual area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79PcGiq ... sO6f-eQRJw
NormanLGibson

Post by NormanLGibson »

NSW is now available to purchase from here http://www.gibsonsceneries.com/ and should be available soon from "The Flightsim Store" and "PC Aviator"

Happy New Year to All,

Norm
Bronco

Post by Bronco »

NormanLGibson wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:20 pm NSW is now available to purchase from here http://www.gibsonsceneries.com/ and should be available soon from "The Flightsim Store" and "PC Aviator"

Happy New Year to All,

Norm

This is looking very good.
Considering though the dominance of Orbx for Australia with P3D and FSX I would of thought Xplane might of been the logical sim for this scenery since it does not seem to have much at all for AU. ??

gb.