Missing Navaids P3D v4

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
medeo

Missing Navaids P3D v4

Post by medeo »

Hi,

In my version of P3D v4 the following navaids appear to be missing:

SLK 112.5
SAK 413
They are near GMMN and are present in AIRAC 1710.
The build of my P3D v4 is 4.0.28.21686 Perhaps these can be added in a next update?

Thanks,
Michael.
downscc

Re: Missing Navaids P3D v4

Post by downscc »

Don't count on it. I don't think LM has touched the navaids since acquiring ESP from Microsoft, and Microsoft hadn't touched it since before the FSX release.

You best bet is to use the free tools available from Herve Sors here: http://www.aero.sors.fr/index.html. His stuff is widely used and trusted in the community. If the navaid is next to or associated with an airport, you can also use the free Airport Design Editor (ADE) to modify the airport bgl by adding the navaid with it. I've used both methods depending on the situation.
Dan Downs
KCRP
medeo

Post by medeo »

Thanks Dan,

Having recently made the change from FSX to P3D I assumed that LM would have put the (near-) latest navaids in, given it's an actively supported product (unlike FSX). I've used Herve Sors' updates in FSX, but had assumed they wouldn't be necessary in P3Dv4. I'll give them a try.

Michael
medeo

Post by medeo »

medeo wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:07 pm I've used Herve Sors' updates in FSX, but had assumed they wouldn't be necessary in P3Dv4. I'll give them a try.

Michael
So yes, Herve Sors' navupdates appear to work fine in P3Dv4. All credits to Herve for making these updates available to the community. I'm a bit surprised, though, that keeping Navaids up-to-date in their latest product is not considered by LM to fall within its remit. Somewhat odd that we have to rely on a community effort to do this. Fortunately we have Herve to step in.
jabloomf1230

Post by jabloomf1230 »

Actually, if you have a Navigraph subscription, you are better off purchasing an additional subscription to fsaerodata which updates all approaches (ILS, SIDs, STARs), navaids and comms for all the P3d default airports and updates them as new AIRACs are released by Navigraph:

https://www.prepar3d.com/news/2017/04/113989/

The most recent version of fsaerodata also updates all the FIR/ARTCC frequencies and in addition adds high altitude sectors for the US and Canada.