How do i get my stick to be linear?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
aidanw2000

How do i get my stick to be linear?

Post by aidanw2000 »

Hi, I just acquired prepar3d and i am loving it, i have one question though, in other sims my stick is linear, meaning if i move it, the in game yolk/stick moves the same amount, so if i move my stick 1% to the right, the in game controls will also move 1% to the right. However, prepar3d has some sort of curves in the axis, meaning it doesnt move in proportion to how i move my joystick. How do i get it setup as linear? Ive set sensitivity to full, and gone through the documents but couldnt find any .cfg file for the controls. Any help is appreciated

PS. Stick is a Thrustmaster warthog with throttle and T-Rudder
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Re: How do i get my stick to be linear?

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hello,

If you add the following entry to the Prepar3D.cfg [CONTROLS] section, you should have linear based axis input:

[CONTROLS]
stick_sensitivity_mode=0

The Prepar3D.cfg file can be located in %APPROAMING%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

Let me know if this helps!
Thanks.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
aidanw2000

Post by aidanw2000 »

Clifton Crane wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:46 pm Hello,

If you add the following entry to the Prepar3D.cfg [CONTROLS] section, you should have linear based axis input:

[CONTROLS]
stick_sensitivity_mode=0

The Prepar3D.cfg file can be located in %APPROAMING%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

Let me know if this helps!
Thanks.

Hi, firstly thanks for the help, i have done what you said and for some reason the throttle, rudder and joy Y axis are linear, but the X axis isnt, any tips?
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hello,

The setting should apply to all axes in the same way. Which key event is the X axis bound to? Can you double check the null zone and sensitivity settings?

Thanks.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
aidanw2000

Post by aidanw2000 »

Hi, sorry for the late response, i didnt see your next post. Yeah, my sensitivity is set to max for all axes, the null zone is set to 0 and there are no keys mapped to any axes