Enable Force Feedback does not work with Logitech Force 3D Pro (v4)

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Jdxer7773

Enable Force Feedback does not work with Logitech Force 3D Pro (v4)

Post by Jdxer7773 »

Hello,

I have a Logitech Force 3D Pro and cant seem to get the "enable force feedback" option to work in the simulation. The joystick works fine otherwise, but I just cant experience the added effects like the stick shaker, ground surface bumps, etc. that this option should enable. The joystick is an older version from around 2006-2007 and the software that came with it says it works up to Windows XP. I thought maybe this was an issue so i just installed the latest software from the logitech website but still have the same issue. Any thoughts?

Joel
Windows 10 7700K overclocked 4.6Ghz 16GB Ram Nvidia GeForce 1080 Samsung 850 EVO
500MB
ezallen

Re: Enable Force Feedback does not work with Logitech Force 3D Pro (v4)

Post by ezallen »

Options > Settings > Controls > Other Tab,
switch between the Raw Input and Direct Input,
try it !
toutenglisse73

Post by toutenglisse73 »

Hi,
I have a sidewinder force feedback 2 and force feedback doesn't work for the native modes of p3dv4.
With raw input there is only the centering force that is active and with direct input no force at all (joystick is like not powered at all).
The only way to have good force feedback is using FSforce for p3dv4 (I've tested the demo that works around location of Seattle : works great with lots of effects), at least with my joystick.
toutenglisse73

Post by toutenglisse73 »

Erratum : force feedback works fine with Microsoft sidewinder force feedback 2 device when in direct input mode.
My problem was that I use 2 FFB devices : the second is a thrustmaster RGT force feedback Wheel (not electrically powered for my use), I use its pedals for rudder axis. When launching P3D with these 2 devices connected P3D is listing the RGT first and so the sidewinder has no force feedback (it seems that enabling force feedback in P3d works only for the first FFB device listed).
So I solved this by launching P3D without the RGT connected, and then connect it while in sim. That way force feedback is enabled for the sidewinder.
RMM Guam

Post by RMM Guam »

Hey Guys..

I have a related problem. Did the switch to DIRECT INPUT change how P3D v4.1 handles calibration on your machine?

In my case, after the change to DIRECT INPUT and resetting all the device mapping, the internal calibration process for P3D is lost.

Instead, upon hitting the CALIBRATION BUTTON for any device, the old Windows Game Controller dialogue box pops up. I should get the internal P3D calibration screen and process.

Don't know why. And don't know how to fix. How about your experience here?

RMM
toutenglisse73

Post by toutenglisse73 »

Sorry I've never touched this button.