could not write value complete key

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Lucaluca0501

could not write value complete key

Post by Lucaluca0501 »

hi im having a problem with the install of v4 and the end its saying could not write value complete key \ products\192A359CDOCE414281177D8ED5357DA3\FEATURES when I load p3d and select airport it just crashed to desktop also the aircraft is not showing on the choose page I have done a install with all security features disabled and tried downloading all the files in one go and also separate any help appreciated thanks
Kayla Dillon

Re: could not write value complete key

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

Are you running Prepar3D as an administrator?

Were you able to successfully activate Prepar3D?

Have you installed any addons?

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
Lucaluca0501

Post by Lucaluca0501 »

yes I always run as admini got the the page to activate p3d with my details then it loaded up but when choosing aircraft you cannot see them and soon as I choose airport it just crashes to desktop
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

Could you try this:

1) Temporarily Disable all Anti Virus Software or Windows Defender (if your using it)

2) Disable your User Account Control by typing UAC in your windows search bar. Click Never notify and Click Ok

3) Go to your Prepar3D Download folder Right Click on Install_Scenery.msi and Click Repair.

Regards,
Kayla
Lucaluca0501

Post by Lucaluca0501 »

hi so i have turned everything off tried to re download full file its sayin CRC check failed p:\p3d expected 64F2AEF4 ACTUAL 66879088 any help thanks
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

Does the md5 checksum on your download match those listed on our downloads page?

If not, we recommend using a download manager for a successful download.

Regards,
Kayla
Lucaluca0501

Post by Lucaluca0501 »

could not write value complete key \ products\192A359CDOCE414281177D8ED5357DA3\FEATURES make sure you have sufficient acess to that key orcontact support personnel

fatel error during insullation 0x80070643

i have tried downloading via IDM also
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

You can view this thread for details on successful downloads and checking your md5 checksums:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123419

Regards,
Kayla
Lucaluca0501

Post by Lucaluca0501 »

hi that has not helped i have downloaded all files gone to install scenery and when it gets right to the end it comes up error could not write value complete key \ products\192A359CDOCE414281177D8ED5357DA3\FEATURES
Lucaluca0501

Post by Lucaluca0501 »

Kayla Kinzel wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:34 pm Hello,

You can view this thread for details on successful downloads and checking your md5 checksums:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123419

Regards,
Kayla
I don't think you can give me any help regarding this matter because the md5 is not helping
OldBob

Post by OldBob »

Lucaluca0501,
I also had a very similar problem. After the install finished I would get an error telling me it could not write a key to the registry. For nearly 2 weeks I tried everything possible following everyone's advice. The ONLY thing that worked was to reinstall Windows 10 from scratch, starting completely over. One of the very first programs I installed after I started over was P3Dv4 and it worked. I thought I'd tell you my experience to save you a lot of frustration. Just bite the bullet and start over with Windows. That's the ONLY thing that worked for me.
OldBob
I may be old but I'm trying, very trying.

i7 8700k 5.0 gHz
32 gb RAM
nVidia RTX 2070
Littlebird1981

Post by Littlebird1981 »

This is ridiculous right?
State of the art simulation software what is still dependable on so many factors.
I have the same problem with the 'could not find key' event. Even got a fatal error message at the end with a logfile.
The file directs me to MSI-packages that cannot be installed. I did all the tips wich were quoted on the forum (checksum, re-download, admin rights etc etc). Even did a fresh Windows 10 install but guess what, NOTHING.

I know getting mad isn't the solution but seriously, i pay so many euro's (again) to get involved with same issues again. I'm not a programmer, please, i'm just a aviation enthausiast who wants to FLY, not programming. Plus, i have a baby, work, wife and other stuff to care about. No time to program stuff. No time to figure .cfg stuff out. No time to do tweaks or what so ever.

So LM, make some P&P software and please find out what this 'key' failure is and give us a proper solution.

Kind regards from the Netherlands.
OldBob

Post by OldBob »

Littlebird,
I'm sorry to hear that reinstalling W10 didn't work for you because that's the only thing that worked for me. When I reinstalled Windows 10 I actually deleted the partition that Windows was on, let Windows create the partition and install into unallowcated space. The reason for this was because I thought that maybe I had a partition error that was causing the problem so that's why I thought it was important to delete the partition and install W10 into that space. For me it was the only working fix.
OldBob
I may be old but I'm trying, very trying.

i7 8700k 5.0 gHz
32 gb RAM
nVidia RTX 2070
Littlebird1981

Post by Littlebird1981 »

Dear mr OldBob,

First of all i have to apologize to the community.
Maybe i had to make a less offensive reply. There was no reason for my behavior.
But more or less, i'm still standing behind my spoken thoughts and motivation.
But less offensive.

On topic: My rig and OS has been installed by a professional programmer.
Windows got a SSD of his own, no partitions involved.
I have P3D installed now WITH the key error (still have no clue what it means or what it does).
The simulator is working but with mid-high graphic settings (shadows low, Dynamic Lightning off and vehicles off) i still have small stutters and arround 30 to 40 fps. My sim is still default so no addons involved.

I wish there was a handbook like back in the days with Nick'N and Costas. I now wander in the darkness, no clue what settings i need or have to make. Do i need Nvidia Inspector? Do i need tweaks. I noticed that the AffinityMask works for my rig (value 14 on 4 cores i7-6770K@4GHz), that's a relief!

Kind regards,

Littlebird1981