Photoreal texture different lighting

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
garrysponge

Photoreal texture different lighting

Post by garrysponge »

Hi,

I used 1024x1024px textures to create a photoreal polygon to get the highest quality as possible near the runway.
Underneath I've created a photoreal with Sbuilder, with the resample process.
Everything is great, except when the sunrise or sunset time approaches. The 1024px textures get much darker than the resampled.

Here's an example:

The green area was made with Gmax, with 1024x1024 tiles. The red area is satellite image I got with Sbuilder.

Why do they have different colors sometimes during the day?

Thank you very much in advance
Clutch Cargo

Re: Photoreal texture different lighting

Post by Clutch Cargo »

While I do not fully understand your issue as I cannot see any real difference in the color, a suggestion... if you have custom mesh installed turn that off and check if you are still seeing differences in color. I have observed that mesh and dawn/dusk settings can effect areas at the edge of added photoreal textures even if the area is flat. Also try turning off shadows and check. These are not solutions but merely to explain what is happening if you see different results with my suggestions.

Clutch
klaurita

Re: Photoreal texture different lighting

Post by klaurita »

Not sure if you figured this out already and sorry for the late reply, but I experienced this as well.

Another possibility is due to the ground poly being treated as an object and the surrounding as terrain. Their diffuse and ambient light behavior (reflected light and shadows) can be set differently. For example, in PTA (the tweak assistant program) they can be modified independently. I was playing around with PTA and it made all my ground polys much darker than the surrounding terrain just like you show.

Hope this helps.

Ken