P3Dv4 Hotfix 1 Video Card Over heat !

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
starseed1

P3Dv4 Hotfix 1 Video Card Over heat !

Post by starseed1 »

Gentlemen,
I was running P3Dv4 initial release with no problems. My computer with NO over clocking or any changes runs fine at about
34c -35c degrees Celsius. After putting in the Hotfix 1 it shot up to 90c and red lined my video card. What the heck is going on ? This should never happen. So I checked by running my P3Dv3 and it runs normal 35c .What is the solution here this is unacceptable. Please help!

Geir Haukland

Re: P3Dv4 Hotfix 1 Video Card Over heat !

Post by Geir Haukland »

Make sure the fans are running and and make sure it has a good clearance from other stuff you may have in your computer.
When i run p3d v4, my gfx card goes to 55 - 59 and it stays there, both fans are game controlled by the program that came with my new 1050 TI card, so check that your fans are running on the graphic card.

And you should also download this to be on the safe side: Core Temp
This little program monitors all your core temp and such.
Asus Rog Strix - X570 Gaming - F - Ryzen 5 - 5500 @4.3GHz - Asus NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 OC 12GB - 16GB G.Skill TridentZ NEO@3200 MHz - Corsair CM750-750W - Corsair H100x Watercooling
starseed1

Post by starseed1 »

My fan is working properly and as I mentioned before I run P3Dv3 and FSX with no issues at about 35c .I also ran P3dV4 with no issues at 35c. After the clean istall of Hotfix 1 in P3Dv4 it jumps to 90c ! I see several other issuses with this Hotfix on the forum. Maybe it should be reworked. P3D team I need a solution or a fix to your fix please................
Geir Haukland

Post by Geir Haukland »

What are your computerspecs? I have a rather powerfull computer, see my signature line, can you tell me your specs as new v4 demands a bit more of your computer then the old v3 (32 bit). The new v4 (64 bit) demands more of your computer hardware, and if you dont meet the minimums there, your hardware will try to cope and heat up as you told me, so, please b4 you shout and start to demand things that is not LM fault, so tell us your specs, please.
Asus Rog Strix - X570 Gaming - F - Ryzen 5 - 5500 @4.3GHz - Asus NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 OC 12GB - 16GB G.Skill TridentZ NEO@3200 MHz - Corsair CM750-750W - Corsair H100x Watercooling
starseed1

Post by starseed1 »

If you look at the photos in my first post you will see the computer specs. Again so you understand I have a newer system and this was NOT happening before the update with original build of P3Dv4 .I had no issues prior to the update and I know for a fact it is LM and a coding bug that is causing this to happen. I tested my system same setting in P3Dv3 no problems
I ran P3Dv4 64bit PRIOR to the update Hotfix 1 and the system ran normal. I have also been talking with TDFi and issuse
Pv4 has with their aircraft errors. I am not a newbie I know what Im doing this is a P3Dv4 issue. Somthing is wrong with
the hotfix due to all the problems I see posted. Please advise a solution.
[ no shouting only concern] Thanks.
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

Have you gone through our general debugging steps?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

Does this happen consistently, without any addons installed?

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
valir

Post by valir »

In my case I saw also 100% GPU usage with hotfix1.
I test the 777 PMDG at Samos, dynamic lights on.

When GPU is 100% used, I switched off the Landing lights (all other 777 lights remain ON) and GPU utilization decreases to 70%. When I switch ON again the landing lights, GPU gets back to 100%.. This in VC.

From outside, sitting in fron the plane is 96-99% even with taxi lights OFF for example (all other ON).
Geir Haukland

Post by Geir Haukland »

Kayla Kinzel wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:53 pm Hello,

Have you gone through our general debugging steps?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

Does this happen consistently, without any addons installed?

Regards,
Kayla
Hi, sir!
He said this happen right after the hotfix update, and if i understand him right, he did not have this b4 the hotfix update.And he dont have this in v3.x only with v4 latest update.

One more thing, i have all settings maxed out in my setup, and i have not any trouble with gpu overheating, its steady at around 55 c, and holding, no matter what, i also have max texture at 4k, still no problem, nothing, system is stable as it can be, my specs are in my signature.
starseed1

Post by starseed1 »

1st: yes I have gone through all the de bug steps implemented a clean install
2nd: apparently I'm not the only one experiencing this issue so are others to a degree as well.
Running default aircraft at mid level graphics should not cause this on any system.
3rd I just eliminated the Hotfix 1 and re-loaded the original build Prepar3Dv4_4.0.23.21468 and my system is running
normal and cool no over clocking no augmentation added.
After all that it proves to me an issue with the Hotfix 1. I believe it has NOT been thoroughly tested .
**Again what is the solution to be able to have the corrections in the fix with out a huge performance loss ???
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

starseed1 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:44 pm Running default aircraft at mid level graphics should not cause this on any system.

It would be ideal if you would use your normal settings, but without any addons. Then test to see if your graphic's card is overheating.

When we do any updates, it is possible that your addons might need to be updated or re-added. We could have fixed a bug that changes the way an addon must interface with Prepar3D.

It would really help us narrow this down if you could remove your addons and test with your normal (not our default) graphics settings.

Regards,
Kayla
starseed1

Post by starseed1 »

Please read my post thoroughly. It says clearly {no addons no augmentation in a default aircraft}
I wanted to include a photo of the current status running the original build mentioned on my last post .
This is how it should be running with the fix added. see photo.
I would appreciate a solution instead of comments regarding my system. Here is the proof.

http://puu.sh/wwCSw/e5f05c8920.png
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

starseed1,

All due respect, the post I'm guessing you're referring to also clearly states you removed the hotfix. Try running Prepar3D with the hotfix installed with no addons. If that's what you're doing it wasn't communicated clearly. We do not see this issue elsewhere, so the only way we can help is if we narrow down what is causing the issue on your specific system. We aren't able to reproduce this.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
starseed1

Post by starseed1 »

Respectfully,
Once again default plane default airport. The question remains why does this NOT happen in the original build? Yes I removed the Hotfix and all is back to normal. Obviously it is in the update if it was my system it would occur in P3Dv4 with or with out. Because you can't reproduce this issue doesn't mean its not a problem. Check the post further up someone reported similar issues.I Just want to get the update features in my system apparently they are necessary to have the full benefit of what I paid for.

Note: I am a paying customer and have purchased both P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 as I am a avid flyer and want to continue to support your product problem free.
Geir Haukland

Post by Geir Haukland »

starseed1 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:04 am Respectfully,
Once again default plane default airport. The question remains why does this NOT happen in the original build? Yes I removed the Hotfix and all is back to normal. Obviously it is in the update if it was my system it would occur in P3Dv4 with or with out. Because you can't reproduce this issue doesn't mean its not a problem. Check the post further up someone reported similar issues.I Just want to get the update features in my system apparently they are necessary to have the full benefit of what I paid for.

Note: I am a paying customer and have purchased both P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 as I am a avid flyer and want to continue to support your product problem free.
can you please explaine why i dont have those issue like yours? Cause i dont, and i followed the guide on howto, and i suspect that you did not, so go back and think, what did i do wrong? I have a far more powerfull computer then you have, and i have not experienced those issues that you have. My system works perfectly, and must say thank you to LM for a flawlessly hotfix.
ronh991

Post by ronh991 »

My system is a little warm also. Not sure if it was before the hotfix. Dev edition - no add-ons

temps with P3D minimized but still running - not paused GPU temp 43 degrees.

edit:

All sliders maxed out I get very warm readings.
82 degrees GPU and 75 degrees CPU
With reduced graphics, scenery and simobjects.
67 degrees GPU and 70 degrees CPU

Ron