v4.0 - Texture resolution choice - bug?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
dafyddp3d

Re: v4.0 - Texture resolution choice - bug?

Post by dafyddp3d »

shortspecialbus wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:41 pm For what it's worth, it has always been the case and will always likely remain the case that using a complex 3rd party aircraft in your default scenario will lead to significant issues. That's not to say that LM doesn't have a bug here, but always keep one of the default planes as your default scenario and switch it to the plane you want before loading the flight (i.e. you should still load it in the scenario screen). I believe both A2A and PMDG documentation both state this, and things like this are the reason why.

-stefan
Agreed, this behaviour was present in FSX also. My query to LM is why?

Is it because the more complex aircraft are altering P3D core files and upsetting the applecart, or is there some more complex reason that involves the OS, Sim and add-on?

Either way it would be great if LM and Add-on developers got their heads together and sorted it out, it's been bugging customers for some considerable time!
Dave Nash

P3D v5.3.17.28160 on Win 10 64 bit (21H2.19044.1682)
3 x 4k Monitors driven by 3 x GTX1080Ti
Mobo MSI X99A SLI Plus, with Core i7-5930K @ 4.2GHz, 32GB Mem (3000MHz), Corsair M500 SSDs
FSUIPC, PMDG 747, 777, VRS FA18
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: v4.0 - Texture resolution choice - bug?

Post by Rob McCarthy »

This is something we'll keep on our radar. Unfortunately we can't comment on anything specific at this time concerning the cause of these issues.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead