MyTraffic 6a For Prepar3D v3 & v4

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Poppet

MyTraffic 6a For Prepar3D v3 & v4

Post by Poppet »

Updated June 2017

Please see the below link to set up MyTraffic 6 for Prepar3D v3 and v4 using the add-on.xml file method

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 73#p159473

============================================================
============================================================

------
Introduction
------

A Step by Step Guide to Install and Set up MyTraffic 6a for Prepar3D

MyTraffic 6a is a Payware Traffic Add On for Prepar3D, Bringing AI Airplane Traffic to all your favorite Airports.

MyTraffic 6a is the latest Version and Compatible with all Version's of Prepar3D, V1.4 V2 and V3 (All Version of V3)

=================

You can Setup and Configure MyTraffic 6 in 2 ways.....

(1) The Official way: By using the MyTaffic 6 Communicator "MyTraffic 6 Control Panel"

(2) Manually: Not using the Communicator

==========

---
INDEX
---

(1) To Setup MyTraffic 6 the Official way Prepar3D V3
. Installing MyTraffic 6
. The Communicator (3 simple steps)
. Turning off AI traffic (Default Traffic)
. Adding the MyTraffic folder to your Prepar3D Scenery Library

==========

(2) To Setup MyTraffic 6 Manually (simobjects.cfg) Prepar3D V3
. Installing to the Default C Drive
. Installing to a Different Location

===========

(3) Possible CDT'S Crash To Desktop when using MyTraffic 6

==============

(4) To Setup MyTraffic 6 Manually for Prepar3D V2

=========================================
=========================================

* First: Before you run the MyTraffic 6a Installer (Important)

* Temporary Disable your Firewall and all Anti virus Software OR Windows Defender

* Disable UAC User Account Control, Set to Never Notify

To View Images in Full Resolution, Right Click on Image < Open Image in new tab

(1) To Setup MyTraffic 6 the Official way

Installing MyTraffic 6

The MyTraffic 6 Installer will Install 11 gigs of Data so please pick a suitable place to Install Insuring you have enough space

Do Not Install into the Prepar3D Folder, MyTraffic 6 Installs Outside your Prepar3D folder

You can Install to the Default C Drive Or Install to any Location on you choose, The Communicator (Control Panel) will add an [Entry] to your Simobjects.cfg that will make My Traffic 6 work from any Location on your Computer.

----------

Right Click on the Installer, Click Install

============

The Communicator (3 simple steps) (setting up simobjects.cfg)

Step 1: Localize MyTraffic

When the Installation process has completed the Communicator should pop up, If not, check your Start Menu (programs) as sometimes it can be hiding in there. You can click and drag the Communicator to your Desktop

1 Click Configure MyTraffic and then Localize MyTraffic. If you have Installed to the Default C Drive, it should read.......

C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic.

If you have Installed to a different Location and Did Not create a folder it will read something like this G:\MyTraffic

2 Click Ok.

===============

Step 2: Localize Prepar3D v3

1 Click Manage Prepar3D V2/V3. 2 Click Localize Prepar3D v3. 3 Click Ok

==================

Step 3: Adding the simobjects.cfg Entry

1 Click Manage Prepar3D V2/V3 .....2 Click Manage simobjects.cfg - v3...... 3 The simobjects box will pop up.

4 Click Add MyTraffic, You will have to scroll down to see your new [Entry], and as you can see the little poppet person is confirming that I now have the proper [Entry] for my simobjects.cfg.

5 Click Save and Close

======================

Turning off AI traffic (Default Traffic)

We will Not be needing the Prepar3D Default AI Traffic now. We can turn this off by going to Your Prepar3D V3 Install location

Follow the path: ► Prepar3D v3 ► Scenery ► World ► scenery

Follow the steps. 1 Right Click on trafficAircraft.bgl, Click Rename. 2 Remove the bgl and Add off to the end, make sure you don't delete the Full Spot. 3 What it should look like, trafficAircraft.off

======================

Adding the MyTraffic folder to Prepar3D Scenery Library

Launch Prepar3D. Click World (Top Left) Click Scenery Library. 1 Add Area. 2 and 3 Browse through your Drives and Click MyTraffic, this is the exact folder that you should add. 4 and 5 Click Ok

Make sure you Pick the Correct folder

The correct folder is The MyTraffic folder

1 I will now move the MyTraffic Scenery down to just above Global, Generic & Vehicle Libraries, This is the Recommended order 2 Click Ok

To see MyTraffic 6 Planes, You Need to adjust up your Aviation Traffic sliders in Prepar3D settings

The more you move up the Settings the more Traffic you will see. Note: High settings will have an Impact on Performance

You will know if your simobjects.cfg is set up correctly if Prepar3D is taking a lot longer to Launch to the Splash Screen

The End

==============================================================

(2) To Setup MyTraffic 6 Manually (simobjects.cfg) Prepar3D V3

MyTraffic 6 is Launched "Connected" to Prepar3D in 2 ways, Your Simobjects.cfg and through your Prepar3D Scenery Library

Below are steps to setup your Simobjects.cfg Manually

Note: You will still have to add your MyTaffic folder to your Prepa3D Scenery Library and Turn Off Default Prepar3D Traffic.

------------------

Manually setting up your simobjects.cfg

Installing MyTraffic 6 to the Default C Drive.........

After you Install MyTaffic 6, The communicator "MyTraffic 6 Control Panel" will pop up, Close it we will not be using it. We will now add an Entry to your simobjects.cfg

The Default Install folder Location for MyTraffic 6 is C\MyTraffic Professional

Your Path in simobjects.cfg will be this Path=C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft

It will look like this in your Simobjects.cfg
[Entry.10]
Title=MyTraffic Vehicles
Path=C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft
Required=False
Active=True

If you have Installed MyTraffic 6 to the Default Location, You can Copy and Paste the above Entry to Your simobjects.cfg

Go to ► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3 simobjects.cfg

Follow the steps in the image below. 1 Double Click on simobjects.cfg to Open. 2 Your simobjects Note pad will pop up. 3 Add your new Entry in at the bottom. 4 Go to File and Click Save

Pay attention to the correct Numbering order in the Image, Read the Tex

I have now added the MyTaffic 6 Entry to my simobjects.cfg

As you can see from the Image this is a Default simobjects.cfg with 1 Add On MyTraffic 6

If you have more then a Default 9 Entry's in your simobjects.cfg, You need to change the [Entry] Number to suit Your simobjects.cfg. The Entry Numbers Start at 0 and go down, If the Numbers are Not correct Prepar3D Will Not see your new [Entry] and MyTraffic 6 Will Not Launch

===========================

. Installing MyTraffic 6 to a Different Location

Important Question:

If you Installed MyTraffic 6 somewhere else as apposed to the Default location, did you Create a folder to Install MyTraffic 6 to ? What did you name this folder ?

This is important because this extra folder extension will change the folder path= in your simobjects.cfg !

For Example: I am now Installing MyTraffic 6 and have decided to Install to my G Drive, I will Create a folder called MyTraffic6 and point the Installer to it Note: Notice how i left No spaces when i named this folder!!

You need to spell the Name of the folder you created exactly the same including the spaces in your simobjects.cfg, If you are even one digit or space out MyTraffic 6 Will Not Launch

--------------------------

Not creating a folder to install to

If you have Installed Mytraffic 6 to a Different location and Not the default Location, The MyTraffic 6 Installer will Automatically create a folder called MyTraffic

Your simobjects.cfg Path will be Path=X:\MyTraffic\Aircraft You will have to change the folder Letter to suit your Install Path.

I left an X in my path, Change this X to suit your Install Path

[Entry.10]
Title=MyTraffic Vehicles
Path=X:\MyTraffic\Aircraft
Required=False
Active=True

You will know if your simobjects.cfg is set up correctly if Prepar3D is taking a lot longer to Launch to the Splash Screen

Note: You will still have to add your MyTaffic folder to your Prepa3D Scenery Library and Turn Off Default Prepar3D Traffic.

The End

(3) Possible NTDLL.DLL Errors CDT'S when using MyTraffic 6

Some users are reporting NTDLL.LL crashes when using MyTraffic 6. If you are exeriancing these CDT'S It is recommended to Disable The Military aircraft in your MyTraffic scenery folder

You can Disable Military aircraft and then check to see if this solves your issue

Go here: Local Disk ► MyTraffic Professional ►MyTraffic ►Scenery

Locate this file MyTrafficmil.bgl

Rename this file to MyTrafficmil.bgl.orig This will Disable Military aircraft

The End

(4) To Install MyTraffic 6 for Prepar3D V2

This is the very same procedure as Prepar3D V3 Adding an Entry to your simobjects.cfg + adding your the MyTraffic folder to Prepar3D Scenery Library

Setting up your simobjects.cfg

By Default you will have 8 Entry's in your simobjects.cfg. If you have Installed MyTraffic 6 to the Default C Drive.....

Your Entry will look like this

[Entry.9]

Go to ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D V2 Double Click on simobjects.cfg to open

If you have Installed MyTraffic 6 to the Default C Drive you can Copy and Paste the above Entry into your simobjects.cfg.

When added to your simobjects.cfg, it will look like this. This is a Default simobjects.cfg with 1 Add On Mytraffic 6

[Entry.0]
Path=SimObjects\Airplanes
[Entry.1]
Path=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
[Entry.2]
Path=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
[Entry.3]
Path=SimObjects\Boats
[Entry.4]
Path=SimObjects\Animals
[Entry.5]
Path=SimObjects\Misc
[Entry.6]
Path=SimObjects\Submersible
[Entry.7]
Path=SimObjects\Weapons
[Entry.8]
Path=SimObjects\Countermeasures
[Entry.9]

Note: You will still have to add your MyTaffic folder to your Prepa3D Scenery Library and Turn Off Default Prepar3D Traffic. ( See above Instructions to do this)
rockliffe

Re: Installing and Setting up MyTraffic 6a For Prepar3D V3

Post by rockliffe »

Thanks so very much for all your hard work in compiling this tutorial Elaine. After spending several attempts at installing MT, your easy to follow guide prevented me from pulling the last strands of my hair out. Many thanks.
unc1rlm

Post by unc1rlm »

Hey Rockliffe;
saw your post and was curious about My Traffic 6a (which I assume you are using). Have you installed or updated your p3dv3 to the .22.19868 version and if so..is your My Traffic networked or installed on the p3d machine? Did you rename the military aircraft bgl?

I am not sure my crash is a result of adding it. I only have active sky; my traffic 6a and imaginesim Atlanta installed.
Just trying to narrow it down.

Thanks,
Bob M.
Detahstar

Post by Detahstar »

A very helpful and in-depth guide. Just what I needed. Thank you
freded

Post by freded »

Thank you, 'Poppet', for such a well written explanation!
I wish all such help articles were as succinct and understandable. So many of them just ramble on and on and leave a lot to the imagination!

Regards,

Mark
Regards,
Mark
Alti

Post by Alti »

Hello!
Same way for V4?
i did like in V3, but no traffic.
Poppet

Re: Installing and Setting up MyTraffic 6a For Prepar3D V3 & V4

Post by Poppet »

-------
Introduction
-------

To Use MyTraffic 6a for Prepar3D v4 using the add-on.xml file system. Note: This is also relevant for Prepar3D v3.3 and up

The following steps is to use MyTraffic 6 for Prepar3D v4 using the add-on.xml file system, Using this method we Do Not need to use the Communicator and we Do Not need to add any entries to the simobjects.cfg file or the Scenery Library.

The add-on.xml file will have all the Information to launch and use MyTraffic 6, We will Insert this file into the Prepar3D v4 Add-on's folder in Documents

-------------------------------------------------------

First you need to install MyTraffic 6, Insure you Disable your Antivirus Software and User Account Control (UAC)

Run the Mytraffic 6 Installer as administrator

Note: MyTraffic 6 Installs Outside the core Prepar3D folder

-----------------------

We will first create an "add-on.xml" file, We will then add the MYtraffic 6 entry

Below is a complete Image of what it will look like when finished

Right Click on the Image and Open In new Tab

Creating an add-on.xml file

1) Right click anywhere on your desktop, Click New, Click Tex Document You will now have a little white file on your desktop

2) Right Click on this white file, Click Rename Call this file add-on.xml

3) Go to: Documents > Prepar3D v4 Add-ons, Create and Name a new folder inside calling it MyTraffic6

4) Now click and drag your new add-on.xml file and pop it into the new folder MyTraffic6

--------------------------

Adding the MyTraffic 6 entry to the add-on.xml file

Right Click on your new add-on.xml file and Open.

Please Note: If you have Installed Mytraffic 6 to the Default C Drive location you can Copy the below entry and Paste it into your add-on.xml file, Insure you Save it

If you have Installed MyTraffic 6 to a different location, You need to change the 2 <Path>'s to suite your Install location

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
<AddOn.Name>MyTraffic6</AddOn.Name>
<AddOn.Description>MyTraffic6.</AddOn.Description>

<AddOn.Component>
<Category>SimObjects</Category>
<Path>C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft</Path>
</AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Scenery</Category>
<Path>C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic</Path>
<Name>MyTrafficScenery</Name>
<Layer>114</Layer>
</AddOn.Component>

</SimBase.Document>

Launch Prepar3D, You will see this message, Click Yes, MyTraffic 6 is now active

If you Click Options > Add-ons You can now enable and disable MyTraffic 6 by ticking the box (A restart is required to take effect)

---------------------------------------

Additional Information (Important)

1) Disable Mytraffic Military aircraft from possible causing you Crash's (CDT)

Go here: Local Disk (c) ► MyTraffic Professional ►MyTraffic ►Scenery, Locate this file MyTrafficmil.bgl

Rename this file to MyTrafficmil.bgl.orig This will Disable Military aircraft

--------------

2) Turning off Default AI aircraft traffic, Please see here for a Video and here for an Image

-------------

3) You need to adjust up the Traffic Sliders in Prepar3D > Settings to see MyTraffic 6 planes

-------------

4) If you look at the bottom of the add-on.xml file you will see this "<Layer>114</Layer>" This command will Insert the MyTraffic scenery 114 lines from the bottom of the Prepar3D Scenery Library, This is the recommended position, You can adjust this yourself by editing this number and saving it

------------

5) You will experience long loading times when MyTraffic 6 is enabled, This is normal

-------------------------------

For more Information regarding the add-on.xml file Please see below

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/LearningCenter.php SDK > Add-ons > Add-on Packages
Leccu

Re: MyTraffic 6a For Prepar3D v3 & v4

Post by Leccu »

Hi,
I´ve installed Mytraffic 6 in p3d V4 folowing step by step and it´s ok. But when i run GSX it doesn´t recognize the parks position and it positions my plane anywhere then when i desactived Mytraffic from Options>add-ons everything become normal.

I´ve tried modifying layer number from add-on.xml file but nothing.-

Someone could help me ?

Thanks

best regards

Luciano
mmr1704

Post by mmr1704 »

i installed everything as said but it seems that p3dv4 doesnt see a new addon it doesnt ask me if i want my trffi 6 to enable?
nothing happened
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

mmr1704 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:27 pm i installed everything as said but it seems that p3dv4 doesnt see a new addon it doesnt ask me if i want my trffi 6 to enable?
nothing happened

Hello

1) In what location have you Installed MyTraffic 6 ? The default C-Drive location ?

2) Are you sure your add-on.xml file is actually saved as an .xml file and not still as a Tex Document ?

Insure you have this box Un-Ticked just like the below Images shows in File Explorer Options

Un-Tick the Box and click Apply ---> https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4254/3500 ... afbf_o.png

Then go back and Insure your add-on.xml is this add-on.xml, Maybe it says this add-on.xml.txt ?

If so just remove the .txt and Save it
carbonbell

Post by carbonbell »

Is anyone aware if My Traffic 6 will update to a v4 installer in the near future?
Kind regards.
David Bell
gets

Post by gets »

Hi Elaine. Just purchase P3DV4. Followed your instructions. I am able to go to "options" "add-ons" and add the MyTraffic6 and it does show up in my scenery library. However, after I restart P3DV4 I still don't get any MTX AI traffic.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
Bob G.
i7-7700k 4.5 Ghz. 32 G RAM. Nvidia RTX 3060. Samsung 32" monitor. Two Samsung 1TB SSD.
gets

Post by gets »

Just to give more information. P3D says it can't find the MyTraffic scenery file. It is spelled correctly and has the correct drive where it is locatd.
i7-7700k 4.5 Ghz. 32 G RAM. Nvidia RTX 3060. Samsung 32" monitor. Two Samsung 1TB SSD.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello Bob

Are you setting up MyTraffic 6 using the add-on.xml file method ? (Most recent method)

Or setting up using the Scenery.cfg and the simobjects.cfg file ? (Previous method)
gets

Post by gets »

I have tried both but the .xml is the one I am currently trying. Every works until I go to the add-ons and click on the file and it says it cannot find it. I have installed P3D outside the Program files if that makes any difference.