Multichannel and road traffic

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
FS-Rostock

Multichannel and road traffic

Post by FS-Rostock »

Hello everyone,

We are working on a multichannel setup with one host(without visual) and 3 clients configured with view groups. We used the network.cfg files as described in the tutorial. Everything runs smooth and stable.

The problem is road traffic. If we set road traffic to 25% on every client and 0% (or 25%) on host, road traffic is displayed, but not synchronized between clients. The second try was to set 25% road traffic to host and 0% to the clients, but no traffic will be displayed.

For information: Airline traffic is correctly synchronized between clients and host.

Thanks
Stefan Schwart
Rostock - Germany
MHargrove

Re: Multichannel and road traffic

Post by MHargrove »

You might experiment with WideTraffic from the http://www.wideview.it/wideview.htm site. It's separate from the Wideview plug-in and it will synchronize road traffic in a networked setup (I know that for sure; I use it). It also is designed to synchronize AI airplane traffic, though, and I'm not sure what will happen if both P3D and Widetraffic are trying to do the same thing.

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

I don't think multichannel road traffic synchronization is currently supported, but we will keep this in mind for the future. I believe aircraft, boat, and ground maintenance vehicles should work. Road traffic vehicles aren't registered with the sim individually, which is why they don't synchronize the way other vehicles do.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
FredK

Post by FredK »

WideTraffic does not synchronize road traffic....only AI aircraft. The bigger issue is that it appears that WideView and WideTraffic will not be updated for P3Dv4.

Fred K
FS-Rostock

Post by FS-Rostock »

Sorry for my late response and thanks for your replies.

It is actually not a big issue and only a nice to have feature.

btw: WideView and WideTraffic is now available for P3Dv4 but is far behind multichannel.

Stefan
Stefan Schwart
Rostock - Germany
Godatum

Post by Godatum »

FS-Rostock wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:09 pm Sorry for my late response and thanks for your replies.

It is actually not a big issue and only a nice to have feature.

btw: WideView and WideTraffic is now available for P3Dv4 but is far behind multichannel.

Stefan
I am interested in why you think the new Wideview is far behind multichannel?