[RESOLVED] Prepar3D cannot run without a valid scenery.cfg, Please Uninstall and Reinstall Prepar3D

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Poppet

Re: cannot run with out a valid scenery.cfg

Post by Poppet »

Hello,

Can you Create another Windows 10 User Profile and Install Prepar3D then, Your current User Profile may be corrupt.

1) Uninstall prepar3D v3 again

2) Create the new User Profile

3) Sign into this new User Profile and Install Prepar3D

4) Restart your computer, Launch Prepar3D and test
Daeglan

Post by Daeglan »

Since I have no trouble installing other things i seriously doubt that is the issue. Is there Way we can trouble shoot this over the phone. As one post a day is really not cutting it.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello,

Its certainly worth a try, Creating a new User profile is quick and easy, also it can be reversed again

At least then we could rule out a corrupt User Profile
Daeglan

Post by Daeglan »

I did this no change. I need to get better tech support. This is really pathetic. What do I have to do to get actual tech support for a product I paid for? It has been like a month of not being able to use the software I paid good money for. Forums do not cut it at all. especially when the response time is 24 hours. I need someone on the phone to walk through trouble shooting this. Not a single forum post a day telling me one thing to try at a time. give me a number to call so I can talk to a human and get this stuff working.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello Daeglan,

We will start over again.

Can you confirm that you have tried all the steps in this Topic ? Your logged onto your computer as administrator, You have Created another User profile, You have Installed outside of Program Files (x86), Disabled your Antivirus Software, You can see the 17 default yellow folders in your Install location and the 3 Prepar3D v3 Entries in your Control Panel ?

-------------

Can you give your full system specs

1) Windows 10 build version

2) Graphics Card type and driver version

3) Hard drive \ SSD type and the amount of Free space on your Operating system and Prepar3D Install location

4) Amount of System Ram (Memory)

5) How many Monitors and Controls you have plugged in
Daeglan

Post by Daeglan »

windows 10 64 bit pro 14393.1066
Intel I7 5960x 3ghz
32 gigs ram
4 tera byte data disk 3 tera bytes free
500gb SSD 300gb free
2 Nvidia 980i in SLI surround mode 3 monitors with 1 under for instruments
4 monitors
Saitek switchpanel
Saitek radio panel
Warthog hotas

I have done all the steps listed. I am logged in As admin. I do not have antivirus beyond windows defender.
i have all the folders and have tried installing in and outside of the x86 I have 3 entries in the control panel.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello,

If you still can not find the 3 generated Prepar3D v3 folders from my first post after activating and Launching Prepar3D ?
There is possible a Read and Write issue with your system (Permissions)

Can you confirm you have full control over the 4 below folders, By right clicking on the folders in Bold, Click Properties > Security and confirm you have full Read and Write control ?

C:\Users \ Daeglan \ AppData \ Roaming \ Local

C:\ProgramData

-------------------------------

After you confirm this, Try these steps one by one

1) Insure your windows 10 operating system and Graphics drivers fully up to date

----------

2) Confirm your graphics card is set to properly execute Prepar3D, By following Step 4 in the link below
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

--------

3) Navigate to your Prepar3D core Install folder, Right Click on Prepar3D.exe and run as administrator ?

----------

4) Plug out all USB Devices and extra Monitors, Leave just 1 Monitor and your keyboard and Mouse.

Launch Prepar3D and test

---------

5) Download MICROSOFT .NET FRAMEWORK 4.6.2 Run the Installer as administrator, Restart your computer

6) Download Microsoft Visuals 2013 x64 and x86, Run the Installer as administrator, Restart your computer

Launch Prepar3D and test
Daeglan

Post by Daeglan »

Poppet wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 8:50 pm Hello,

If you still can not find the 3 generated Prepar3D v3 folders from my first post after activating and Launching Prepar3D ?
There is possible a Read and Write issue with your system (Permissions)

Can you confirm you have full control over the 4 below folders, By right clicking on the folders in Bold, Click Properties > Security and confirm you have full Read and Write control ?

C:\Users \ Daeglan \ AppData \ Roaming \ Local

C:\ProgramData

-------------------------------

After you confirm this, Try these steps one by one

1) Insure your windows 10 operating system and Graphics drivers fully up to date
using most current nvidia drivers.
----------

2) Confirm your graphics card is set to properly execute Prepar3D, By following Step 4 in the link below
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246
instructions do not match current drivers. is already set to use the multiple cores from graphiscs card.
--------

3) Navigate to your Prepar3D core Install folder, Right Click on Prepar3D.exe and run as administrator ?
no change
----------

4) Plug out all USB Devices and extra Monitors, Leave just 1 Monitor and your keyboard and Mouse.

Launch Prepar3D and test
no change.
---------

5) Download MICROSOFT .NET FRAMEWORK 4.6.2 Run the Installer as administrator, Restart your computer
says already installed.

6) Download Microsoft Visuals 2013 x64 and x86, Run the Installer as administrator, Restart your computer
says already installed
Launch Prepar3D and test
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello,

If the 3 Prepar3D v3 folders are not generating on your C Drive and if you have followed all the steps outlined in this Topic, this would only leave your Windows 10 system.

Personally speaking I would reinstall Windows 10, Run the updates and then Reinstall Prepar3D v3
Daeglan

Post by Daeglan »

The folders are there. It is one file. And everything else is able to install and uninstall just fine. I have had the Dev version work in the past. So I don't think it is windows that is the problem
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello,

Just to confirm.........

You can now find these 3 Prepar3D v3 folders below yes ?

Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3

If you can see these folders, Delete all 3 Prepar3D v3 folders, Then Launch Prepar3D, these folders will generate again
Daeglan

[RESOLVED] Re: cannot run with out a valid scenery.cfg

Post by Daeglan »

That actually worked.