Time to improve the ATC interface

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
ncp10

Time to improve the ATC interface

Post by ncp10 »

I'm thinking LM could take what's there which is quite good for what it is, retain fully what's there, and add some more responses and depth to interactions. For example, add the ability to request short finals, and other areas where the 10y/o model is missing some behaviors and features.
ebsloop

Re: Time to improve the ATC interface

Post by ebsloop »

I agree with this suggestion. It would be great to update the ATC including the audio.

v/r

ebsloop
uksfpred

Post by uksfpred »

Have you heard the ATC on Xplane 11. .

I'm grateful for what we have got. :)
jabloomf1230

Post by jabloomf1230 »

There are 4 legitimate 3rd party addons that will improve the ATC interface, Radar Contact, ProATC-X, PF3 and VoxATC (which is only a beta for P3d). That said, none of them is really well-integrated with P3d's AI traffic. Although in most cases, I agree that LM would be directing its resources more wisely by focusing on improving the base sim, ATC is one area where they really should make some changes.

The fact that one can't fly SIDs/STARs with the default ATC is a major deficiency. And IFR routing by the ATC is pretty much the same as it was with FSX. As a training tool this issue should be a top priority for improvement.
funkyaz77

Post by funkyaz77 »

+1 I agree should be a training must especially for SIDS and STARS
kiwi56

Post by kiwi56 »

why not just join Vatsim or Ivao and get real ATC
Geoff Thomson
NBL5370G Oceania/Asia
Fleet Command ATP
Chairman
Fleet Manager
Noble Air Virtual Airline
nealmac

Post by nealmac »

kiwi56 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:33 pm why not just join Vatsim or Ivao and get real ATC
There are many reasons people don't use Vatsim. It can be very daunting for anyone who considers themselves "amateur". Not everyone has a good enough internet connection. Many people want to familiarise themselves with ATC related procedures BEFORE moving to Vatsim. Other people don't like the idea of having to talk to people they don't know. There's 3 reasons off the top of my head.

@OP I would recommend buying ProATC. Yes it has some bugs, but once you have it up and running it works fantastically well.
Best Regards,

Neal McCullough.
eallan

Post by eallan »

One that's been missed from this list is Pilot2Atc.com which is still in constant development. Voice operated, with SIDS/STARS. My only gripe is that it doesn't (yet) control AI traffic. You can get a 2 week free trial. The developer is very helpful and chatty. I run it on a 4th PC using FSUIPC wide client.

Also, IVAO.aero pretty much the same as VATSIM but isn't full of retired ATC who expect perfect comms.
P3D v4.5 Orbx, Skalarki A320 Project Full cockpit, Jeehell FMGS A320. I7, 16gb, 2x GTX1080ti in SLI. 3x Benq 1080st Projectors
MartinM

Post by MartinM »

Only the interface? Seriously?

I suggest to overhaul the ATC in general. It should be aligned to make it at least ICAO either VFR or IFR correct. I would not expect it to be country specific correct. ;)

Intial call VFR/IFR is wrong
Airspace changes are too early or false. Even if I stay inside the CTR LSZG is asks me to switch to LSZB.
Short cutting the registration number is not correct handled

The UI for me is OK, if the other things get fixed
Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 | Intel i7-9700K | 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S