DXGI_ERROR_DRIVER_INTERNAL_ERROR

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
uksfpred

Post by uksfpred »

Basically started getting this error message

started yesterday and got it again just.

All i have done to change my sim in last 48hrs is turn my gfx settings down slightly since this starting . .

i cant that turning my settings UP again will fix this ? and i have the latest ATI drivers (which never stop working on anything else by the way . . )

Any thoughts please. . i have searched forums and couldn't find one thread with same error message
uksfpred

Re: DXGI_ERROR_DRIVER_INTERNAL_ERROR

Post by uksfpred »

My settings:

my rig i5 2500k running at 4.2 Quad . .windows 7 home 64bit . 7900 3g ATI gfx 16G Ram- all P3D running on C drive - SSD
jdog109socal

Post by jdog109socal »

I had kind of the same thing happen to me with a Nvida card.... this worked for me hope it will help

If you have an NVIDIA card, try opening the NVIDIA control panel and turning on debug mode. (Do this by opening the NVIDIA Control Panel, go to Help -> and check Debug Mode.) This will ignore the manufacturer's overclock settings and use the factory default stock clock.

IF that doesn’t work lets completely uninstall the drivers using the tool below and the reloading from the CD that came with the card:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details ... aller.html
uksfpred

Post by uksfpred »

I have an ATI 7970 /R9 280X
uksfpred

Post by uksfpred »

Any official word on this would be great ?

Is it a case of changing my gfx drivers? changing any settings? try different version of p3d ?

I don't have a 'control panel' as i installed drivers only. .

this is a daily problem for me right now, happening anywhere from 5mins - -6 hours in game.
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

Hello All,

Overall, this error prompt is letting you know the graphics card has failed.

Do you have any add-ons installed? Some are known to exacerbate this issue.

First, you will want to make sure your GPU drivers are updated. Next, you will want to double check that your graphic card is set to be used by Prepar3D. Finally, you will want to lower Prepar3D's graphics settings to better conform to any hardware limitation. For more information take a look at our FAQs: http://www.prepar3d.com/frequently-asked-questions/

Code: Select all

Prepar3D does not start, instantly shuts down, or does not perform as expected. What is wrong?

Ensure the proper graphics card is set to run Prepar3D. If an onboard video card (Intel HD) is told to run Prepar3D, these issues will likely occur. To correct, use the appropriate video card software to configure the graphic card’s control of Prepar3D. For NVIDIA graphics cards, open the NVIDIA Control Panel, select Manage 3D settings, and set the Preferred graphics processor to High-performance NVIDIA processor. You can also set Prepar3D.exe’s preferred graphics processor directly under the Program Settings tab under Manage 3D settings.

Often you might need to delete the following generated folders/files to have Prepar3D respect your changes. This will result in any add-ons being removed/disabled.
%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

Verify the fix was successful by opening Prepar3D and selecting Options, Settings, and under Full Screen Settings you should see the correct graphics card listed under Display.
From the system side, are you using NVIDIA Inspector or any hardware accelerators/overclockers?

Those type of tools could contribute to failures/hangs of the GPU, causing Prepar3D to fail. It has been recommended in other threads to reset any NVIDIA Inspector settings to default to correct any GPU failures.

Regards,
Adam
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager
uksfpred

Post by uksfpred »

I am not using anything NVIDIA as I have an ATI card . . .
Addons I have tonnes of ORBX, Global base, England, payware airports etc plus i also run Active sky 2016.

yes i have the latest drivers that I am aware of

However my card has been overclocked from its default speeds. . so perhaps i should put it back to default ?

thank you for this reply .. i will make some changes
uksfpred

Post by uksfpred »

Update.

Well, i turned my gfx setting down slightly . and set my graphics back to the default profile, so it was no longer over clocked, and even tuned back my processor from 4.3 to 4.0

but was still getting this error message, sometimes 2 or 3 times within an hour.

At my wits end, i turned all my gfx settings down even further, running at mostly 'medium' settings . and since doing that, I haven't had a problem.

I am amazed i have a faster card with more RAM, yet I've had to turn my settings down. ( I have an ATI 3G 7950 now had a ATI 2G 7870 before . . .)

In all honesty you cant really notice the difference GFX wise.

but yes solved in the end. . i can feel a 480 coming on a lot sooner than it was now though .. :)
uksfpred

Post by uksfpred »

Right final update for anyone reading this with similar problems.. . .

It was texture resolution set to 2048 that did it. .

I have slowly been putting everything back bit by bit , giving it a few days before changing anything else.

My GFX is back to being over clocked, my processor back to 4.2, my water detail ultra, cloud shadows msaa back to 2x etc etc

and I'm having no problems. .. the only thing i didnt put back was texture res , that is now at 1024..

so there. . process of elimination learnt the hard way

This thread can be marked as resolved now.
Kem

Post by Kem »

Hello,
I have past this year with a full instal of P3Dv3.2 all the year without any problems.
I have make the client update of v3.4.18 and fly with a lot without any bug .
I have do in the same way the v3.4.22 update just after updating Nvidia driver to 378.49 and at first launch i have DXGI error bug since now 4 days later after trying everything ...
Nothing have change in my computer or settings . I have just do the Nvidia and P3d v3.4.22 update and all failed...
Now DXGI error can happend when i change view , or click to a file in windows or just lanch game on scenery...
Why just updating making everything like that and why it don't do before ? imedialtly after updating i have this error...
I have a home cockpit and reinstal all is possible but long stuff, ok but for what ? can it happend again ? do i need to change my GC ?
I take really care of my system and never had bug like this in 8 years.. (FSX or P3Dv3)
Thank you for helping , i am loosing faith...

[Win10 -i74790k + noctua -16go Ram- Gtx560ti x2 Sli mode in a Matrox triple Head 2go with 3 screens-1 ssd 850 evo 500go]
Kem

Post by Kem »

Kem wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:14 pm Hello,
I have past this year with a full instal of P3Dv3.2 all the year without any problems.
I have do in the same way the v3.4.22 update just after updating Nvidia driver to 378.49 and at first launch i have DXGI error bug since now 4 days later after trying everything ...
Nothing have change in my computer or settings . I have just do the Nvidia and P3d v3.4.22 update and all failed...
Now DXGI error can happend when i change view , or click to a file in windows or just lanch game on scenery...
Why just updating making everything like that and why it don't do before ? imedialtly after updating i have this error...
I have a home cockpit and reinstal all is possible but long stuff, ok but for what ? can it happend again ? do i need to change my GC ?
Other things is when it works, i have more Fps but big slutters that i have never had before...
I take really care of my system and never had bug like this in 8 years.. (FSX or P3Dv3)

[Win10 -i74790k + noctua -16go Ram- Gtx560ti x2 Sli mode in a Matrox triple Head 2go with 3 screens-1 ssd 850 evo 500go]
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Kem wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:06 pm
Kem wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:14 pm Hello,
Other things is when it works, i have more Fps but big slutters that i have never had before...

"I have a home cockpit and reinstal all is possible but long stuff"

Home cockpit is a custom setup with many variables.
There is a lot about your full setup that you have not mentioned (hardware, software, etc).

Maybe you could do a Windows restore point or uninstall/reinstall as necessary to get back to where all was working with your custom setup.

You do have your original software backed up .. correct?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Kem

Post by Kem »

Hi,
thanks for your Anwser.
the only things who make this bug after lot of test is my proc OC profile who work from 2 yeas now.
When i reset Bios to defaut, DXGI go out.
For slutters , i d'ont understand.
I make a full windows and P3D reinstall and tell you that.
Thank you best regards
kem
einherz

Post by einherz »

hi guys, i haven't home cabine, and got same problem with nvidia card after update client, and have oom where i hadn't befor ever, like i hadn't befor this error
Kem

Post by Kem »

Hello,
2 weeks to work on this.
A complete Windows and p3D reinstal.
All my components work s perfect .
i have no Overclock .... and guess what :::: DXGI error.
So now i think that is really unacceptable ...
Please doing your job on this and not wait for the communauty work on this for you !!!!
Worst stop tell us that we have problem on computers paid 1500 e ... !!!
I have always support you but now i am really wonder why....

I am really diseponted !!!!!!

Cheers