VAS always above 3000mb

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
CptMalteP

VAS always above 3000mb

Post by CptMalteP »

Hi there,

I just installed P3D v3.3 on my new Computer(GTX1070,i7 6700k,16GB Ram,1TB SSD, Win 10 64bit) and my VAS usage is just abnormally high. When I fly the only add-ons activated are: ORBX Global+Vector+OpenLC NA+The departure and arrival airport, ORBX TreesHD, AS16+ASCA+REX4 and I primarily fly the PMDG NGX or the Aerosoft Airbus. When I load up the game I already have about 80% of my VAS in use...On my old computer I never had this problem with the same add ons except for OpenLC NA. Hyperthreading is on. I already tried it with HT off but it doesnt seem to change anything. Traffic is completly turned off and my Graphics Settings are not turned up to the maximum. Has anybody an Idea why I still get OOM Errors so fast? Mostly in the middle of the flight.
Thanks in advance
c-mattio

Re: VAS always above 3000mb

Post by c-mattio »

With all of those add-ons, that VAS usage seems completely normal. What airport sceneries are you using and what are your settings? Can you complete any flight? How long can you fly for? What AM are you using?
avi8tir

Post by avi8tir »

I have a very similar system, setup and add ons. I have constant OOM issues. I cannot complete a flight unless it is to a non add-on airport.

I wish there was a solution!!
c-mattio

Post by c-mattio »

Well, I also use all of those add-ons as well as UT2 with well over a hundred aircraft. I have completed a number of flights without OoMs so if you provide answers to the questions I asked I may be able to find a solution for you.
Mike Jones

Post by Mike Jones »

Hey all,

This may sound silly, but delete your camera.cfg file and see if that helps. There have been some issues on other threads with memory that are getting resolved this way. It seems to have to do with the new VR system, but we are investigating.

Mike Jones
Michael Jones
Associate Software Engineer
CptMalteP

Post by CptMalteP »

@c-mattio Sorry that I took so long to reply. AddOn Airports are Flightbeam KDEN,KIAD,KPHX,KSFOHD and FSDT KIAH and KMEM and the ORBX Airport Freeware Pack for NA. I can fly for aprox. 2hrs. I have finished 1 or 2 flights in total maybe but not more. AM?
Settings:
GRAPHICS
Resolution 2560x1440x32
FXAA off
MSAA 8
Anisotropic 8
Texture Res Medium 1024x1024
VSync On
Triple Buffering On
Frames Unlimited
Hardware Tesselation is On

SCENERY
Level of Detail Radius High
Tesselation Factor High
Mesh Res 10m
Texture Res 15cm
Land detail Textures On
Water Detail Medium
Reflections Terrain User Vehicle Buildings
Scenery Complexity Very Dense
Autogen vegetation density Very Dense
Autogen building density Dense
Special Effects both on Low

LIGHTING
HDR Lighting On
Dynamic Reflections Medium
Landing light illuminate Ground On
Lens Flare On
Shadow Quality High
Enable Terrain to Recieve Shadows On
Terrain Shadow Cast 60.000m
Cloud Shadow Cast 60.000m
Object Shadow Cast 9.000m

WEATHER
Cloud Draw Distance 90mi
Coverrage Density Maximum
Volumetric Fog On
Detailed Clouds
hrings

Post by hrings »

I had a little of the same problems with almost the same addon.
Solution that worked for me was to increase to 32 mb RAM.
After that no problem.
Henning Ringsvold