VTOL rcb-gauges

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
nunweilr

VTOL rcb-gauges

Post by nunweilr »

I can't seem to get any VTOL features to work for any aircraft using the rcb-gauges. I have several freeware aircraft as well as the payware Wilco HJJ and the F-35B from Dino. I use the payware version of FSUIPC dated 1 June 2016. As far as Dino's F-35B, the green banner crosses the screen. I detect a momentary pause when power is applied to take off vertically.

The Razbam Harriers work fine but I understand the VTOL feature is built into the mdl and doesn't use the rcb-gauges.

I'm running Windows 7 Professional x64 with the operating system and NVIDIA drivers updated. I also have Prepar3D v3.3 with the hotfix.

I could be the only one experiencing this issue and, if so, will chalk it up to my own idiocy.
bigcav

Re: VTOL rcb-gauges

Post by bigcav »

Nunweiler

I have also found that the rcb-gauges don't work in P3d.
I tried them on the V22 Osprey, but to be fair, I emailed Virtivia and they basically
said "no chance", so it could be down to the aircraft as well.

Bigcav
nunweilr

Post by nunweilr »

Bigcav,

I was able to get Dino's F-35B working. I apparently placed the F-35B's gauges in the main gauge folder causing a problem. It was probably from when I just started throwing darts at the wall to see what would stick.

I, however, still cannot get any other VTOL to work. I even purchased the SSW Harrier expecting a newer VTOL version would work but it doesn't.

Sometimes, Wilco's Harrier will work for takeoff once but will not work again until I restart the simulator (not sure where to start with that one). I started logging FSUIPC but there are so many lines of information that I went cross-eyed.

I expect the problem will eventually be resolved and it will probably be due to something I did.

Ray
nunweilr

Post by nunweilr »

So with the update to v3.4, my VTOL rcb-gauges work again. I don't know if it was something in the update or if a setting was reset.

I am so happy to be flying VTOL operations again with the Wilco Harrier. The Virtavia MV-22 also works.
nunweilr

Post by nunweilr »

I was probably too quick to give credit to the update. After the update, I had to disable the VRS TacPack until it was updated for v3.4.

After installing the TacPack update, my VTOL birds were not working again. I then disabled TacPack and tried the VTOL birds and wouldn't you know, they worked.

Now, I won't blame TacPack for the lack of VTOL but I'm closer to a solution.