[RESOVLED] P3D 3.2.3.16769 : can neither load nor save a scenario...

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
PhilK

[RESOVLED] P3D 3.2.3.16769 : can neither load nor save a scenario...

Post by PhilK »

Good afternoon (european time) to all !

Did anybody already got some troubles or problems with opening or saving scenarios under P3D?

I have been flying the GAAR2016 under P3D 3.1, which led me to the very end of february, and never had a problem in opening (or saving) scenarios so far.

On march 13, i did uninstall completely P3D 3.1, "ccleaned" my PC, and made a fresh full install of P3D 3.2.3 latest version.
Just after activation, my P3D was opening and saving scenarios without troubles.
I then installed all my usual ORBX stuff, Migration Tool, FSFDT, and transfered all my 3rd party airplanes, AI aircrafts and traffics, effects, gauges, etc... from my v3.1 backup to the v3.2.3 appropriate folders.
Unfortunately, i did not check then about opening or saving scenarios... :( But all other P3D functions were running without trouble.
(Under P3D 3.2.3, my scenery.cfg, simobjects.cfg, and effects.cfg contain entries for various folders and files relocated outside of P3D).

Two days ago, i wanted to save a scenario/situation to test some places in New Zealand under various mesh files sets i have on my PC, but only got a black simulator screen for some seconds, then P3D shuts down and returns to desktop...
Have found on some forums, discussions where some simpilots mean this might be related to some AI-aircraft or traffic file issues, so i removed my AI aircrafts, my traffic files, uninstalled and reinstalled the client.msi, but still no luck.

My ultimate option otherwise would be the "vacuum cleaner way", then reinstalling P3D, and then each addon one by one, each aircraft one by one, etc..., checking at each install if P3D can still open or save a scenario, to know who the faulty one is...

Any suggestion, advice, information would be greatly appreciated.

My config : Win7 x64, I7 3770K on MSI Z77A GD65, Radeon HD7870 with latest drivers, ORBX FTX Global + FTX Global Vector + FTX Global OpenLC, mostly meshes (FSG when managed by JT, FSG 2nd version, Toposim and FreemeshX), and some few airports in New Zealand and Australia.

Anyway, blue skies to all

Philippe
Windows 10 x64, Z170A Gaming Pro Mobo, i7-6700K CPU (no O/C), 16 Gb DDR4 RAM, RTX3060 12 Gb, P3D v5.3.17, Toposim mesh, FTX Global Base, Vector, OpenLC EU, OpenLC North America, OpenLC South America, OpenLC Africa, Trees HD, ASP3D, ASCA
PhilK

[RESOLVED] P3D 3.2.3.16769 : can neither load nor save a scenario...

Post by PhilK »

Reinstalling all and everything one by one, finally found that one precise aircraft was causing the trouble on my computer. This aircraft being removed from my system, all is working normal again.
I already had this aircraft under P3D v3.1, and it caused no troubles then. So I guess that the misfit might be related to my own computer/system, where something got possibly corrupted....
Blue skies to all
Philippe
Windows 10 x64, Z170A Gaming Pro Mobo, i7-6700K CPU (no O/C), 16 Gb DDR4 RAM, RTX3060 12 Gb, P3D v5.3.17, Toposim mesh, FTX Global Base, Vector, OpenLC EU, OpenLC North America, OpenLC South America, OpenLC Africa, Trees HD, ASP3D, ASCA
PhilK

[RESOLVED] P3D 3.2.3.16769 : can neither load nor save a scenario...

Post by PhilK »

Correction...
Checking further the this airplane, finally found that the last repaint I added was the source of the troubles...
The text data to add to the aircraft.cfg was missing the title line... (which I overlooked when installing the repaint...)
Once a title line duly added to the appropriate section, all is working normal again.
DaveWG

Re: P3D 3.2.3.16769 : can neither load nor save a scenario...

Post by DaveWG »

Yes, I had a similar issue a while back with an AI aircraft. Something bad in the aircraft.cfg caused the load/save scenarion to malfunction, even though the aircraft in question wasn't being used anyway.