FlyInside P3D Beta 0.3 -- Virtual reality flight simulation

Forum for Prepar3D Developers to show off their work or post about their add-ons or content created for Prepar3D
CrazyNorman

FlyInside P3D Beta 0.3 -- Virtual reality flight simulation

Post by CrazyNorman »

Hi All,

I'm happy to announce FlyInside Beta 0.3, which adds Oculus Rift DK2 support for Prepar3D 3.0.

Download it here: https://flyinside-fsx.com/

Short YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=34&v=lu95B6ztYRE

So, Prepar3D 3.0 officially adds Oculus Rift DK2 support. Why do you want FlyInside P3D when Prepar3D already has Oculus Rift support?
  • FlyInside is 0.7 Direct Mode compatible. Prepar3D appears to only support extended mode out of the box.
  • FlyInside uses asynchronous timewarp, meaning a much smoother experience, especially at normal simulator FPS. Without asynchronous timewarp, you get judder any time FPS is < 75
  • FlyInside allows you to render at 4k resolution (by default, I believe Prepar3D 3.0 renders at the Rift's 1920x1080 resolution). Using FlyInside to run Prepar3D at 4k results in a much clearer image.
  • FlyInside has in-desktop virtual cockpit. Use the ATC window, browse the web, read charts, and more, all without taking off your Rift.
  • FlyInside has Leap Motion integration. Manipulate windows, press cockpit buttons using your hands in 3d space.
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Re: FlyInside P3D Beta 0.3 -- Virtual reality flight simulation

Post by Adam Breed »

Hi CrazyNorman,

Outstanding work on FlyInside! It is great to see the community take Oculus support to the next level.

We are really looking forward to the major Oculus release next year.

Thanks again for growing this great add-on,
Adam
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager
markm75

Re: FlyInside P3D Beta 0.3 -- Virtual reality flight simulation

Post by markm75 »

Is this going to fully support the retail version of the Oculus rift.. and what sort of minimum frame rates can be expected (say with a 780ti 3gb) and a situation with addons and heavy weather.. curious? I think from what i read rift being smooth is a minimum of 90 fps, at least for the dk2 version?
Tech, the Universe, Everything www.tech-stew.com
Just Plane Crazy www.flight-stew.com