Refresh aircraft after testing

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
degeus

Refresh aircraft after testing

Post by degeus »

Hello,
Is there any shortcut to reload just the airplane ( so no scenery-elements) during testing?
Now one has to do a reset or a Cntrl+; and this involves also the resetting of the scenery.
It would be nice to have just a reload of the airplane e.g. when having changed something in the aircraft.cfg, the panel.cfg or texture or so. That would speed up the process enormously.
Piet de Geus
Netherlands
Mike LM

Re: Refresh aircraft after testing

Post by Mike LM »

If you search the controls, you can find the "Reload User Object" control. Swapping between vehicles also reloads them.
DaveWG

Post by DaveWG »

There is a "Reload User Object" command, but it doesn't have a key command assigned by default.
degeus

Post by degeus »

Mike,
Sorry for the latereply, but actually I was waitng for an e-mail notification. Now I saw a small figure in the top and there came your reply. I added that command.Thanks.
reg.,
Piet
Piet de Geus
Netherlands
degeus

Post by degeus »

Dave,
I activated that function with Cntrl+Shft+R, beeing a free command. But it does not work.
reg.,
Piet de Geus
Piet de Geus
Netherlands
Mike LM

Post by Mike LM »

If you move the camera and then reload the user object, does the camera move back to its original position or does it stay still?
degeus

Post by degeus »

Mike,
After moving the view on the aircraft in Locked Spot mode and then hitting Cntrl+Shft+R (checked this again in Settings) the picture did not change.
reg.,
Piet
Piet de Geus
Netherlands
Mike LM

Post by Mike LM »

What aircraft are you using? Can you reload on a default aircraft? What about other installed add-ons?
degeus

Post by degeus »

Mike,
I now loaded the Beechcraft A36. Then I changed e.g. the viewpoint in the aircraft.cfg. Then I hit Cntrl+Shft+R, but no change in view, not even the slightest change in the screen. Eventually I have a screenshot of the Settings.
Yes, I do have add-ons, both aircraft, weather and scenery. I also have Saitek Yoke and pedals.
For calibration etc I use PSUIPC 4, the newest that supports V3.
reg.,
Piet
Piet de Geus
Netherlands