V3 crash when trying to save flight

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
regulate

V3 crash when trying to save flight

Post by regulate »

When I try to save a flight so my default flight is the R22 at KLAX, the system crashes. If I do it from the startup screen, and hit "save", a box pops up asking if I wish to exit P3D. If I say yes, the program closes. If I say no, the scenerio loads with the startup page still displayed, and the airport loading full screen behind it, but does not save as the default flight.

If I try and save after entering the simulation (aircraft on runway, hit save button from pull down menu), the program crashes. How do I save to create a different default flight?
Sabre57

Re: V3 crash when trying to save flight

Post by Sabre57 »

Do you happen to be using any USB monitors? If, so take a look at the thread below and add to it so that it stays in play for a possible fix. :) I have the exact same issue but only when my USB monitors are turned on.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=115331
I9-9900
32GB RAM
RTX 3090 FTW
Assorted SSDs and HDDs
3x55" TVs
Alpha/Bravo Honeycombs
SPAD.Next, ASV6
regulate

Post by regulate »

I am running two Samsung monitors, which are connected via HDMI. But what is described in the link is exactly what is happening to me. V3 seems to be running flawlessly so far, except I cannot get the simulation to save, it crashes.

I am running W10, 64 bit with a GTX 680 video card. Very frustrated with this so far.
Silbergatto

Post by Silbergatto »

I have exactly the same problem without using an USB Monitor.
My P3D3 crashes with a fatal error message when I try to save a flight plan created by P3D3.
regulate

Post by regulate »

Okay, I'm glad it's not just me. I have also just tried using one monitor to see if it's related in anyway to that, but same results. I have also tried removing the default saved flights file, hoping it would rebuild itself, but that does not work either. If anyone else has this issue or a solution, could you please post. Also, can we get a mod or someone from LM to comment please or have us try something else to test. It's very frustrating to have to change at the startup screen every single time from the default aircraft and location that comes with the simulation. Thank you.
oleandreasen

Post by oleandreasen »

Hi there.

I had exactly the same problem. I have no idea why, but it seems I had it after installing MyTraffic6, via the "fix" by changing the simobject.cfg file, renaming the "trafficaircraft.blg" file in scenery/worldscenery, and activating the MT6 in Scenery library.

After resetting the default values, removing MT6, I have access to saving flights again, without crashing.
regulate

Post by regulate »

I had renamed the traffic file to .bac, so I was hoping what you relayed would fix the issue when I renamed it to .bgl Unfortunately, that did not work. Still crashes after restarting and trying to save.
oleandreasen

Post by oleandreasen »

Did you remove the entry in the simobjects.cfg file? And remove the entry from the Scenery library in P3D?. If then I do not know, why it worked for me and not for you.
DaveWG

Post by DaveWG »

I had this also. It turned out to be a corrupt entry in the aircraft.cfg one of my AI aircraft. The aircraft in question wasn't even used in any flightplans, but once the entry was corrected, I could save and load flights.
regulate

Post by regulate »

oleandreasen wrote:Did you remove the entry in the simobjects.cfg file? And remove the entry from the Scenery library in P3D?. If then I do not know, why it worked for me and not for you.
I don't use MyTraffic, I have custom AI traffic. I only have the default simobjects cfg file.
regulate

Post by regulate »

DaveWG wrote:I had this also. It turned out to be a corrupt entry in the aircraft.cfg one of my AI aircraft. The aircraft in question wasn't even used in any flightplans, but once the entry was corrected, I could save and load flights.
I will look into this. Thanks Dave.
regulate

Post by regulate »

Thanks for the tips about AI traffic causing the issue. I removed all of my AI aircraft (I have a ton of custom AI) from the Simobjects Aircraft file temporarily, then saved the default scenario to my liking without a crash. That solved the issue. Much obliged.

Brian S.
DaveWG

Post by DaveWG »

That what I did, then added them back a batch at a time & tested. Took quite a while to narrow it down!
karlh

Post by karlh »

I have something not as much of a solution as a workaround for those that have a version of FSX. I took saved flights from FSX and used them. In the Prepar3d.cfg file Add the line SITUATION=X:\Users\%USER%\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\!2. That loaded the saved flight labeled !2. It didn't change the date & it doesn't allow me to save flight in P3D. But at least I can save something in FSX and move it to P3D later if I wish.

For the record, I've had this issue since at least v2.5 that I know of. I use 2 monitors. One connected via HDMI & the other via dvi. Both are running 1920x1080.
[/size
]
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

All ok here saving flights.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)