in game comm in MP

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application's multiplayer mode
Pop

in game comm in MP

Post by Pop »

In the past we have used TeamSpeak with CW3'S radio plugin, with limited success. I watched "Blue Zone's" vid on "ingame comm" and have given it a try. Works great, no fps hits, easy to set up(about 4 buttons settings).
Give it a try! (P3d 2.5)
aeronauta

Re: in game comm in MP

Post by aeronauta »

Thanks Pop, do you do MP Carriers if so what software do you use , I tried MPCarriers and AICarriers.net but none works...

Jorge

Maybe FA18 VRS and Tacpac??
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
Pop

Post by Pop »

VRS TACPAC.
IKE Nimitz CV, all available, plus much more when you join us! http://vcw-8.com/
Pop

Post by Pop »

More testing, working great, easy to set up!
It appears "guard" will be heard no matter what ch/comm you are on if you set 121.5 on both comm1 & 2 ch "G"
Pop

Post by Pop »

still looking for someone to help/test ingame comms!
can't find anything in doc's about it. Any help???
Pop

Post by Pop »

I still have FSX on computer, so if anyone would like to hook up i MP to test the comm there, PM or e mail me.
Pop

Post by Pop »

"Blue Zone" and I have solved the comm problem. ( google his vids). Only guard, all ways receive, function does not work correctly, ie"the ACR 210 that is in the SuperBug can receive Guard transmissions no matter what channel you have selected.
I think it would required LM to do some programming changes.
Pop

Post by Pop »

OK LM, How about a reply! How is the "ingame comm" setup! should be a simple answer!
Mike LM

Post by Mike LM »

There's a section in our Learning Center under Product->Multiplayer all about comms in multiplayer! If there's something not clear in there, let us know so we can fix it.
FSMP

Post by FSMP »

Mike Young wrote:There's a section in our Learning Center under Product->Multiplayer all about comms in multiplayer! If there's something not clear in there, let us know so we can fix it.
FSX and earlier version of P3D, had In game Comms in Multiplayer, selectable by the MP server to have a Compression bit rate of either 1200, 2400, 3600 or 144,000(?). The codec used was designed to also have a 7200 bit rate (which would be the most realistic equivalent to real work Aviation VHF radio comms bandwidth), but that 7200 apparently had a bug, did not work, and since Aces did not have the Source to fix, the 7200 rate was not included in the selection.
I think at one time, LM tried to add it back in, but found it did not work, so it was never added in a released version.

I get the impression that the later version of P3D have changed the selectable rates, and included an extra on, at, or near 7200. ( I do not have later version of P3D, so cannot confirm this.)

What I do observe, in a significant increase in users complaining that the P3D Comms are not clear/usable in later version of P3D, and they have to resort to using other external apps, like Teamspeak, in order to have usable comms.
It almost sound, from the complaints, that all selected bit-rates may be defaulting to 1200 !! ???

So, my questions would be.
(a) Are selected bit rates really being correctly selected and used. ?
(b) If there is a new, working rate of 7200 (or close), then why would that bit-rate not be IDEAL, and working well. ?
FSMP

Post by FSMP »

Mike Young wrote:There's a section in our Learning Center under Product->Multiplayer all about comms in multiplayer! If there's something not clear in there, let us know so we can fix it.
I do not see the Voice Compression selection list, in the Docs.
Might help to have the options listed, and a general recommendation of what is typically the best to use, especially consider that the reallyLow Compressions Bandwiths date back to the days of limited Telephone Modem days -( cannot imagine anyone in 2015 trying to run in MP with a 14,400 or 28, 000 ot 56k telephone modem )
Voice compression

When players are using voice communication, voice packets are compressed to free bandwidth. Compression, however, degrades audio quality. You can make tradeoffs between compression and quality with the voice compression setting.
To set the voice compression

Select a setting from the Voice Compression list.
Pop

Post by Pop »

Our Wing, cvw-8 has switched over to "ingame" comms as per the "BLUE ZONES" vid. Running Voice compression at 12kbps.
We have had some problems but now have all working "just like in a real FS18E".
The "voices" are Loud and clear! If anyone wants to check it our PM me!
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

pop, how do you run voice compression at 12Kbps?? V2.5 allows 1.2, 2.4, 3.6 and 128Kbps and V3 is the same...both default to 3.6Kbps.

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
Pop

Post by Pop »

oops should have been "128", "8" got left off:(
FSMP

Post by FSMP »

Pop wrote:oops should have been "128", "8" got left off:(
Yes, while 128K is "HIGH QUALITY" ( approx CD quality), it is both UNREALISTICALLY "CLEAR", as well as being a very high "Internet" Bandwidth Hog.

May be acceptable for a LAN setup (10MB or 100MB or 1000MB), but not over 2 MB dsl LINK.