[RESOLVED] V3 will NOT install

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Afterburner SST

Re: V3 will NOT install

Post by Afterburner SST »

Rach wrote:Hi OnCourse!!!
I have the same problem that you (identical). Windows 7 32 bits.

This afternoon i got install prepar3d!!!!! The key is the registry and the instalation path

Th deafult install key in the resgystry for me was:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar 3d v3 (like you)

BUT for any reason the msi installer search the path in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

Then you must CREATE prior to install Prepar3d this keys in you registry BY HAND:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 Content
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 Scenery

AND in this 3 folders of the regitry create a "chain value" named "SetupPath" like this:

SetupPath C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\

AND voiala!!!!!

Sorry for my english, spanish guy ;)
I can say that this trick definitely worked on my 32-bit Windows 7! I also couldn't find the Wow6432Node directory in my registry before, but after adding them manually, everything worked as it should. Thank you very, very much! Bravo, Amigos! (Not spanish guy ;)
Airpatron

Post by Airpatron »

I just downloaded V3 and have been trying to install it on a Windows 7, 32 bit machine with the same exact problems mentioned here. I tried manually editing the registry as suggested by Rach but the install ended the same way. It wants Prepar3D installed before it can proceed, but of course that's exactly what I'm trying to do. Lockheed support guys - please help us out here. It certainly looks like a bug in the setup routine - at least when it comes to 32 bit Windows.
Afterburner SST

Post by Afterburner SST »

Airpatron, how did you edit the registry exactly? Could you provide a screenshot? I am asking because I know that it is easy to do it the wrong way. I also had it not correct the first time, but then I made the necessary adjustments, and it worked.
OnCourse

Post by OnCourse »

YEAH IT WORKED !!!

@Rach - You were absolutely spot on my friend and thank you so much for taking the time to post your solution. Toward the very end of the install I had another message pop up which read:-

Could not write Complete to key
\Products\009CFC2F3734139F4A9FB798B8BE073AD\Features. Verify that you have
sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel

I chose to ignore the message (which was one of the options) and the install completed and everything appears to be working just fine now.

If anyone is trying this without success or perhaps is not happy messing with the registry, here's an easy way to do it.

Open Notepad and copy the following text into it.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lockheed Martin]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3]
"License"="Professional" <-- I guess you need to change this to reflect to whatever version you have
"SetupPath"="F:\\Fsims\\P3D\\" <-- change this to your setup path taking note of the required double back slashes

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 Content]
"SetupPath"="F:\\Fsims\\P3D\\" <-- change this to your setup path taking note of the required double back slashes

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 Scenery]

Once you've made the necessary changes save the file... you can call it whatever you want but the suffix MUST be .REG[/b]

Eg. My_P3D_Registry_Fix.REG

Then simply double click the file and 'okay' the warning message that will pop up, telling you that you're about to change the registry and it could cause problems.

That's it.

If you made the changes correctly you should now be able to install P3D on you Win 7 32 bit machine.

Thanks again to Rach and everyone who posted their helpful ideas and suggestions.

Hopefully LM can now put an official fix together