Addon Scenery

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
FSVKenny

Post by FSVKenny »

Hi Everyone.

I've just purchased P3D v2.1 and I have a question concerning addon scenery.

I have a scenery package I created for FSX and I want to put this scenery in P3D v2.1. Only the ground polygons in my scenery display properly. None of the structures show up in P3D.

Is there anything special I need to do for my scenery to display properly?
CAF440

Post by CAF440 »

What is the Scenery and is it Pay or free??
Rockme

Post by Rockme »

After getting lots of blurries, now I have to find out that most of my add on airports doesn´t work properly anymore in v2.1 eventhough installed with the latest EMT!

Thats so bad v2.0 was perfect compared to this one. Is there a way to get v2.0 again ´cos I deleted it.
FSVKenny

Post by FSVKenny »

I figured it out.

The scenery is freeware, it's stuff I created originally for Flight Sim 2004. it all worked fine in FSX, but I'm guessing P3D doesn't like the FS2004 formatting. I figured out that the models need to be in at least in FSX format, so I imported the scenery library BGL in to modelXconverter and exported it in FSX format and all worked great.

Thanks for the help,

Kenny.
CAF440

Post by CAF440 »

Correct P3DV2 hates most Fs9 scenery.

"so I imported the scenery library BGL in to modelXconverter and exported it in FSX format and all worked great."

The above is correct and should work on most. I used it on a Fs9 CYZF and CYFB based Scenery and have it working in 1.4 and 2.1. Also grab ADE program for the Afcad if you didn't know. If you call up the Afcad of Fs9 scenery, click the rwy links and taxi and check the draw flags are marked. If there not, P3D may not draw the surface under it's flag rule. You need make sure there flagged.
Fractal

Post by Fractal »

encountered the same issue. How can you convert an entire scenery folder using modelXconverter ? Just downloaded the program and I'm a bit lot :)
hesynergy

Post by hesynergy »

I think ModelconverterX has a batch conversion