FlyInside for P3D

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
Aplomo

Post by Aplomo »

Hi

Hopefully all of you who are interested in Rift integration into P3D have heared that
Fly-Inside (Same developer as the DCOC) will develope a feature rich OR integration for P3D.

Consider backing the kickstarter project (so we can all get our hands on flyinside p3d quicker):
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... inside-fsx

Br
Thomas
pipeorgan

Post by pipeorgan »

It's awesome, an experience that words cannot fully convey. What's amazing is that even default aircraft give that immersive feeling of being in a real cockpit and they all look so good. I was VR flying this morning and forgot that it was not real until I looked at my watch and wondered why I could not see my arm:)

Hope more guys back the Kickstarter to accelerate the development, you will not regret it.
refields

Post by refields »

I definitely agree. Even the alpha version is incredible!

If the P3D Kickstarter goal isn't reached, the P3D version won't get the same love that the FSX FlyInside plugin will and the P3D plugin will be delayed. It won't be dropped, though. Just delayed according to the guy writing all this stuff - Dan Church.

The P3D plugin even now blows the performance of DCOC away. On a good system the frame rates are solid and immersion is incredible. There is one instructor pilot who said how he has some older students who have a hard time turning a 2D projection into a 3D mental picture and that makes P3D hard for them to use. He showed them the sim on the DK2 and it completely changed the experience because it was just like they were in the plane.

From my own experience I can attest it is an experience that is hard to describe except it is basically like being in a real airplane. You can judge heights, distances, approaches, just like when you are in a real airplane. I run with add on scenery and aftermarket airplanes and the illusion is very powerful. With commercial versions of the Rift and the HTC Vive hitting soon with higher resolution and better lensing, and Dan plans to support both, it's going to get even better. It's phenomenal now. I can't imagine what it will be soon.

Anyway, the point of all this is if the P3D goal doesn't hit, being a beta tester will be almost as good even though the P3D plugin will be delayed, the two versions are similar and share a lot of code so there should (I can't speak for Dan) be beta tester updates for the new features.

But for anyone curious about this VR stuff and flight simulation, you just have to try it to understand. It's about the best possible combination and application for VR.
Aplomo

Post by Aplomo »

Yes, with only 9 days to go and 7.5K $ still remaining to reach the "expedited" P3D stretch goal
I hope those one the fence will go over to https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... inside-fsx and support!