Where are the planes?

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
trisimm

Post by trisimm »

I noticed in my simobjects -> airplanes folder, that there is a commercial aircraft folder, along with f-14, f-15, f-16 and cessna folders. These are large folders(anywhere from 30 to 100+ megabytes) that look like they have all the appropriate files that other loaded and available planes have, yet I cannot select any of these planes in the list of loaded vehicles. They just don't appear. Does anyone know why? What am I missing here? Also, there are three 737-400 files(dll, lib and exp) in the guages folder, leading me to believe that I would have a 737 to select from, but it doesn't appear in the vehicle selection list. What is it with all these folders and files that have no planes to go with them?
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Those are AI planes.

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
trisimm

Post by trisimm »

Thanks for the response, Jorge. Let me be sure I understand your meaning. By AI planes, do you mean planes that the simulator uses to show other planes parked at airports or other planes you might encounter on a flight? Planes, essentially, that just appear in the background? Please clarify.

I'm new to this sim, and I must say I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of planes and helicopters included with the install(I seem to remember a lot more in FSX). My vehicle list claims "95" loaded aircraft, when in reality I only have 10 to 15 aircraft with 80 to 85 variants. The program should make this distinction. Why would I want to fly 10 different varieties of the Lockheed Constellation when the only variation that I can see, or have read about in the brief aircraft description, is a difference in color and decoration?

aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

trisim,, AI planes fly controlled by the SIM, and some by a specialized program. parked planes are objects. To your second Q, well some people complain when there is only one model... it is up to the developer of the plane to make as many variations as he thinks, also there are umpteen liveries of the same model and so on,..a bit for every taste...

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
trisimm

Post by trisimm »

Uh, that's "trisimm" with two m's, by the way. Yes, by "AI" you meant planes flown by the simulator. That's what I thought you meant. I guess I didn't make that clear.

I'd appreciate it if you would comment on my latest post about reseting a current flight.
trisimm

Post by trisimm »

I'd gladly take one sample of 20 different aircraft, than 20 color schemes of one model of trainer.
uksfpred

Re: Where are the planes?

Post by uksfpred »

there are hundreds of planes you can download for free, just like scenery .. . .

P3D is just the platform of your sim, build it up from there as you so desire.
jaws1948

Re: Where are the planes?

Post by jaws1948 »

If you want any of these planes, go to a site like flightsim.com and download an FSX panel for it. For example, I wanted the F15. I found a nice panel, downloaded it and placed it in the F15 folder in P3d. Voila, my F15 is now flyable. Do the same for the other planes you'd like to have.