Introducing simwestFOTOREAL

Forum for Prepar3D Developers to show off their work or post about their add-ons or content created for Prepar3D
Clutch Cargo

Introducing simwestFOTOREAL

Post by Clutch Cargo »

simwestFOTOREAL started as a simple little project for myself to try and enhance photoreal scenery in Prepar3D. After four years of development, design (and disasters!), we thought it was time to show some development shots of what we got going. My goal was not perfection but immersion, performance and enjoyment whether for VFR training, exploring or landing the heavies.

So I am seeking beta testers to try simwestFOTOREAL. We need all types of simmers with all types of platforms. So if you fly with P3Dv4, P3dv3, P3Dv2 or P3D and are interested in beta testing please send me an email at :
‘projects (@) simwest . com’ (FYI - there are no spaces in the email address).
Please type ‘BetaTester’ for the Subject line.

San Diego, California USA

San Diego at night

Albuquerque, New Mexico

Camp Pendleton, Oceanside, California

One goal of simwestFOTOREAL was to serve as a scenery “base” where one could fly with it on its own with default airports or add 3rd-party, higher detailed add-on airports. For example, here is the city of Long Beach, California with its default airport.

Now drop in Shez Ansari's superb KLGB airport. Matches up fairly nice.

And for those who fly the "heavies" we think you will have plenty of immersion for those approaches and landings. Here is the San Fernando Valley, just north of Los Angeles at 30,000 feet.

And closer on approach is Hollywood in the foreground with Burbank in the distance.