Flight1 GTN750 GPS in P3Dv4

Forum for Prepar3D users to share screenshots they have taken of Prepar3D.
Old Timer Nick

Flight1 GTN750 GPS in P3Dv4

Post by Old Timer Nick »

First - click the link to make the pic full size.

I love using the GTN 750 dual display undocked on a second monitor. It is an incredible addition to P3D. BUT, I like to do a lot of low level canyon flying and the TAWS (Terrain Awareness Warning System) gets to be very annoying and kills my immersion. So here are some helpful hints regarding this feature.

The GTN config file will be in each aircraft folder that you install the GPS on. Open the file in notepad and there are 3 entries already there ( probably not in order as pictured). These entries can be set to 0=off or 1=on

TAWS voice=0 will do exactly that. Turn the voice off, but the visual notifications will still pop up
Sound=0 will disable all sound including the "Pull Up" warning.

I was also having problems with the GPS displays occasionally freezing and the only way to unfreeze was to reload the scenario or aircraft.
CPU Core setting can be set to an individual core. If you run dual displays, just set a different core for each display. I have had no further freezes. As you can see there are duplicate entries lower down for the second display

Lastly by playing around I discovered that adding an entry
TAWS=0
Will turn the TAWS feature off completely. (Yay)
I hope this helps retain some of your immersion. It has mine.

Old Timer Nick
ppo

Re: Flight1 GTN750 GPS in P3Dv4

Post by ppo »

TAWS=0. Thank you very much Nick.
That is going to very helpful rather than actually disabling TAWS directly on the unit.
Cheers,
Pierre