AssociationID SimVar?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
thompsonpeters

Post by thompsonpeters »

Does AssociationID have any associated SimVar? Force Classification is the only other measure of team affiliation, and it doesn't appear to remain consistent (aside from 0 as neutral).
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

Hi,

Yes, the associated SimVar of the AssociationID property is Force Classification. Could you describe how it does not remain consistent (changes to different values, doesn't keep the assigned value, corrupt data, etc.)? By default it will be 0, neutral, but it should keep the value you assign to it through the property or SimVar.

Let us know,
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager
minime

Post by minime »

Force Classification should _only_ work on Professional Plus according to the documentation.

Are you only working with SimDirector or do you have code running as well?

I would advise you to store a global ID on every SimObject you work with and then store all your additional information in another way.

You can PM me if you want with some more information on what exactly you are trying to do and I can tell you a few things that actually work for me.
thompsonpeters

Post by thompsonpeters »

Quote:
Quote from Adam Breed on September 19, 2014, 07:27

Hi,

Yes, the associated SimVar of the AssociationID property is Force Classification. Could you describe how it does not remain consistent (changes to different values, doesn't keep the assigned value, corrupt data, etc.)? By default it will be 0, neutral, but it should keep the value you assign to it through the property or SimVar.

Let us know,

Gotcha. I was initially confused given that the only flag with "Force Classification" in it is the AircraftAI-only ForceClassificationProperty, which doesn't seem to do anything at all (unless it is also supposed to affect Association ID?).

Either way, I've tested tracking changes to both (the SimDirector-set ForceClassificationProperty as well as SimDirector/.cfg-set Association ID) using a gauge XML script. I've directly monitored the output of that using "C:ITrafficInfo:S:FORCE CLASSIFICATION" (and while I might suspect that ITrafficInfo wasn't updated with the 2.3 changes, it seems to work fine tracking other weapon SimVars), and it always seems to return "0" on AI objects, regardless of their Association IDs or Force Classification Property string. I once assigned ForceClassificationProperty to "Foe" and saw a return of a variable 7-digit number (it changed each time the mission was reloaded), but as soon as I made changes to the SimObject (unrelated changes) it started returning zero again, and I haven't been able to duplicate the result. Ghost-in-the-machine-type stuff (and I'm sorry I can't be more descriptive here); I only mention it because it was the only time I saw the property with a nonzero result.

I've also tested using C:TargetInfo, which returns zero, but I'm pretty sure TargetInfo doesn't support that property anyway.

I'm not running any external code (just XML script), and so I'm not attempting to set the Force Classification SimVar, I'm just attempting to read it (based on its setting in the mission XML, set through SimDirector).
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

Hi,

After reviewing further, I can confirm that the FORCE CLASSIFICATION SIMVAR is separate from the Association ID. Currently, there is no way to retrieve the data of the Association ID. We will be adding an ASSOCIATION ID SIMVAR in a future release. Force classification is simply a data store and is not used internally.

Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager