Running unlicenced Pro. Version on network.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
Wiregauge

Running unlicenced Pro. Version on network.

Post by Wiregauge »

Hi all,
As you can see below it is possible to run Pro version on networked PC unlicensed, Can anyone direct me to information or tell me how to do this.The link to " see How to Activate Prepar3D" only tell about licensed versions.
I can't get passed the license screen on the Networked PC.

I want to do this for running opus or multichannel on networked PC with P3dv4.5 on each using one license.

From P3d:-
"Licensing Requirements
Prepar3D must be licensed and activated on the multichannel Host in order to be launched. Activation must be done by launching Prepar3D without using the /MULTICHANNEL command line argument. Multichannel Clients do not require activation when connecting to a licensed and activated Host.

For more information on licensing and activation, see How to Activate Prepar3D"

Thanks,
Wiregauge
obinder

Re: Running unlicenced Pro. Version on network.

Post by obinder »

Hello,

make sure that you are running P3D Professional Plus. Multichannel is only available in the Plus version. Multichannel is a method for running additional displays in P3D native mode for a single simulator session. It is not the same as a multiuser or networked connection between two sims (like WideFS etc.), so I don't think that it is the right method for what you want to do?

First you activate the host P3D License. From that point forward, all P3D instances (host and clients) must be started with the /MULTICHANNEL:"<Config File Path>" command line option, which should bypass the activation screen. The activated P3D gets the host config file, the others the client config file.

Learning Center -> Views -> Multichannel

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI
Wiregauge

Post by Wiregauge »

Thanks Oliver,
Exactly the answer I was looking for now I understand how the Client is started.
I Better start building now.

Thanks again,
Wiregauge.
Rob1957

Post by Rob1957 »

Wiregauge wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:23 pm Thanks Oliver,
Exactly the answer I was looking for now I understand how the Client is started.
I Better start building now.

Thanks again,
Wiregauge.
Good morning , I am having a hard time understanding the step by step on how to add the multichannel command to the host and client computer I have looked at the learning center and tried everything and still can’t get it, Is there any step by step method available to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Rob1957

Post by Rob1957 »

Good morning, to better explain my issues, I have followed all the instructions and added the config files to both the host and client computer, when I try starting the host with the multichannel command it comes back with a message ( failed to locate multichannel configuration file C:Prepar3d \host.cfg), I have checked everything several times with no results, anymore has any suggestions or where I can get help, after 5 days of trying I am to a point that I would even pay for someone to log in to my computer to help, if anyone interested please contact me. Thank you
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi Rob1957,

Can you verify the location of the configuration files match the command arguments you are passing into the Prepar3D.exe? The path in your post is missing the backslash after C: and also contains an additional space.

Regards,
Clifton
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
Rob1957

Post by Rob1957 »

Clifton Crane wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:27 pm Hi Rob1957,

Can you verify the location of the configuration files match the command arguments you are passing into the Prepar3D.exe? The path in your post is missing the backslash after C: and also contains an additional space.

Regards,
Clifton

Hello Clifton and thank you for the response, let me tell you what I have done so far with no success, I have two computers which I have named SIM1 for the host and SIM2 for the client, I have added the files below to each in the Prepar3d V5 root directory, I have named both files HOST.CFG

This one for the host
[MULTICHANNEL]
AutoStart=2
AutoSignOn=1
AccountLogin=0
LanUsername=SIM1
PublicOnWEB=0
PublicOnLAN=1
MaxPlayers=64
ReservedForFriends=0
EnableFrameSync=1
FrameSyncRate=30
EnableShare=1
PasswordForSharingAircraft=""
AllowSharedAircraft=1
AllowJoinInFly=1
ConnectionLostTimeOut=600

and this one for the client
[MULTICHANNEL]
AutoStart=1
AutoSignOn=1
AccountLogin=0
LanUsername=SIM2
AutoStartHostId=SIM1
AutoStartJoinAircraft=SIM1
EnableFrameSync=1
ClientEnabledVoice=0
ConnectionLostTimeOut=600

When I try starting PD3 by Right click on the icon then go to then click on Properties and add the following command,
"C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.exe"/MULTICHANNEL:"C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv5\HOST.CFG"

PD3 starts up and then this message below comes up on splash screen:

Failed to locate multichannel configuration file: C\Program files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d\HOST.CFG.

Clifton, what Am I missing? I am not very computer savvy so any details can send me that could end this 5 day battle would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Rob1957
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi Rob1957,

I think the path to the HOST.cfg file is slightly off. If the HOST.cfg file is located in the Prepar3D root directory, the command should look like this:

"C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.exe" /MULTICHANNEL:"C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\HOST.CFG"

Regards,
Clifton
Clifton Crane
Rob1957

Post by Rob1957 »

Hi Clifton and thank you, I was able to start host with the command line you sent me, now I have come across another issue, when I start the host it is getting stuck at 74% loading Air Traffic control, any idea how to get through this one? thanks again for the help.

Regards,

Rob
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi Rob,

Is this a default Prepar3D installation? Do you have any AI add-ons installed?

Thanks,
Clifton
Clifton Crane
Rob1957

Post by Rob1957 »

Hi Clifton, I do have Ultimate traffic but I have tried with and without and get the same results. I do have other addons such as ORBX, Just a bit ago I re-installed Prepared V5 Professional Plus in repair mode and getting stuck in the same manner. Any ideas would be appreciated

Regards,

Rob
Rob1957

Post by Rob1957 »

Hi Clifton, Here is an update, I did a full uninstall and Install of the PD3, I am able to run on Multichannel with the PD3 stock aircraft but when I select the PMDG 747-8F the following box message comes up ( Vehicle initialization has failed for. PMDG 747-8F PMDG House (N748 2018 You will now be placed in visualization-only mode, when I click ok on box then I get stuck on the loading Multiplayer data box at 77%, if there is a fix please let me know.

Thank you

Rob