End of my Tether

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
carnage2843

End of my Tether

Post by carnage2843 »

Have had a number of issues after loosing my Autogen. This includes buildings and trees. I have been unable to establish the cause of this loss of Autogen but have noted that it occurs some time [not immediately] after the installation of a add on or a system up date. I do have displayed the texture and Landclass as well as the mesh but Autogen is gone!

I have completely removed and reinstalled all elements of my flight sim and this is no mean feet as it takes about a week of work. 10 hours a day.

I have a I7 computer running at 2700 and a GTX 1060 graphics card so my computer is not short of power. Also running FFTF and PTA

I do have many sceneries, indeed most of the airports in Germany and the UK as well as most of central Europe. Some of these are legacy sceneries installed with the help from FS Estonia. I have the latest global mesh as well as all the orbx scenery. I have ASCA and AS for P3D as well as Global Traffic. Scenery is managed with Lorby with auto layering but have also tried it doing a manual scenery management.

After finishing my latest install I find that the bloody Autogen is missing again. Ive done all the necessary adjustments to .Cfg file but now I am completely at a loss and cant face a complete reinstall again.
Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? At this rate ill be swapping to the MS version..

Please help

Darren
Hans Hartmann

Re: End of my Tether

Post by Hans Hartmann »

There have been a few known cases where autogen was lost after installing a scenery which adds its own autogen via add-on.xml:
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Autogen</Category>
<Path>.\Autogen</Path>
</AddOn.Component>
Aerosoft's Lukla Mount Everest Extreme and Chania are two examples where this happens. Removing these lines from add-on.xml (make sure to have a backup and don't remove more or less than you see above) will at least restore the generic autogen (although you will lose some of the autogen in the add-on scenery where you removed the path from). Of course you need to do this for any scenery that defines an additional autogen path this way.

I hope it helps.
Best Regards,
Hans