Warpalizer and the tale of the lack of instruction

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
Knish

Warpalizer and the tale of the lack of instruction

Post by Knish »

Hi All,
I created my account today and am pleading for help.
My friend and i (In conjunction with multiple company partners) are creating one of the first Boeing 787 home cockpits for use in Education. One of our partners happens to be Warpalizer, a well known brand for multi projection warping software. The guys are Warpalizer really have been very generous for providing us with software but we have run into an issue on the P3D side of things and are asking for your help.

So each projector (3 of them) has separate values in Warpalizer. Warpalizer overall has been properly configured and the Grid Lines match up as they are supposed to. Keep in mind that the software is set in Sphere mode as instructed to us by the guys at Warpalizer.

Now the tiny amount of info the guys have says we have to use the camera manager and set the values for each "channel" there. After about an hour of searching, i did not see any area for inputting in channels. What i did find though was the View Group Management tab which seems to have the correct areas and inputs for this stuff. Now here is the issue.

Warpalizer requires you to use Nvidia Surround or in our case AMD Eyefinity. The issue is then that Windows detects these projectors as one big display and so when in View Manager, the Display Adapter 1 is the only one that works. There is no documentation out there at all for anything involving Warpalizer and P3D with Eyefinity. I have been working on this for over 12 hours now and i am at my wits end. I just have no clue on where to look or what to do. Any help would be much appreciated as our unveiling to press for the simulator is next Friday. We would greatly appreciate any advice you have.

Looking forward to the replies,
Knish
Team Project Dream
boyacil629

Re: Warpalizer and the tale of the lack of instruction

Post by boyacil629 »

Have you tried reaching out directly to the support team at Warpalizer? They might have specific instructions at https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6314my location or troubleshooting tips for using their software with AMD Eyefinity. It's also worth checking if there are any forums or communities dedicated to home cockpit setups or using Warpalizer with P3D where you might find others who have encountered similar issues.