Multi-Channel advise

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
nbworld

Multi-Channel advise

Post by nbworld »

Hi all,

I need an advise to choice what version i go... Professional or Plus.

In this moment i have finishing the 320 visuals for receiving the sim.

My visuals in the moment are: 3 - 4K 65" screens.
One Server i7 8700k at 5 GHz, with 32 Gb, 1 Tb m.2 and 2 SLI 1080 Ti, they are connected with the 3 65" screens the surround view. I have 30 Fps bloqued.

For complet my settings i need to add 2 more 65" screens for the rest of visuals.

Now…:
- The main computer for P3d Pro Plus must be the better one or a can have my Gf 580 OC graphics Sli cards for It, and on the client side maintain my 2 SLI 1080 Ti cards ? - This for maintain 1 Server and 1 Client for 3 screens...this helps or not vs 1 computer in surround only ?

- After the sim start (save Money now), then i can add anothers clients:

Server - P3D Pro Plus Main
Client 1 - Two left screens
Client 2 - Center screen
Client 3 - Two right screens

Ths in advance.
sisoffi

Re: Multi-Channel advise

Post by sisoffi »

Hi,

i do not understand if you want one server using only instrument panels (so p3d will be in minimal setting and fps unlimited) or is a part of visual. I tried first to have 3 TV 49" 4k in surround mode but you don't have fps decent to fly.

due to my test the multichannel don't work well and it's unflyable. I respect all the settings and rules suggest on various posts.

I am currently using an i7 6700k running at 4.6ghz 16gb and an AMD R9 390 for a moment with a monitor with instruments MIP cockpit. This pc HOST/SERVER is setted with all slider to 0, fps unlimited and have more than 500fps constant. the 2 clients that manage each 2x TV 49" with 3840x2160 each (no surround mode) have front view and lateral view for CM1 and CM2 (set by fly elise LCDpro immersion for calibration). they mount i7 7700k running at 4.6ghz 16gb and a rx580 locked at 30fps at 30hz vsync and tb ON.

from the tests carried out the two clients, if launched individually, are perfectly smooth and fixed at 30fps with even heavy scenarios, while the server too if launched singolarmindividual en or even in multichannel smooth row to exaggerated frames.

if you connect the system, the clients will start off with drastic drops of fps up to 15fps.

in the learning center the explanation is scanty but clearly indicates to use Quadro GPU (who uses them for a home system ??) but by an indication on the 30hertz and fps indicated as 30 initial on cfg ( i tried different solution with sync frame to 60 but nothing). If i disable sync frame on .cfg the multichannel dont connect systems. My idea is this:

on systems as powerful as ours it can not be that there is a jerkiness of the system also because using the first opus everything went perfectly!

the learning center refers:
1. 30hz in all the PCs associated with the 30fps? in my case I have tv at 30hz and 30fps in the clients, but 60hz and unlimited in the server. (TO BE TESTED bringing the 4k to 60hz)

2. in case I wanted to use a host as a primary view (and not on the side tools with minimal setting and unlimited frames) also blocking at 30fps? constant and higher shots compared to unlimited fps.

3. depending also on CPU bound? so the server need to have more powerful CP power (and maybe GPU) in order to render the results sent to clients? (while client can have less power system instead server pc ?)

at the moment having invested so much I am deeply disappointed because I have not been involuntary.
nbworld

Post by nbworld »

Hi,

Thanks.

My only problem is the strech view (Fisheye) of the laterals on NV surround view.
The rest are fine on FPS, my system can handle very nice with it.
I'm going test on viewgroups vs NV surround

My system:
i7 8700k @ 4900 MHZ - Water Cooling
32 GB DDR4 @3866
SLI 1080 Ti
1 TB Samsung M.2 970 Pro

Change to:
i9 7960X @ ??? MHZ - Water Cooling
32 GB DDR4 @3866
SLI 1080 Ti ... 3 WAY SLI (Testing)
1 TB Samsung M.2 970 Pro
sisoffi

Post by sisoffi »

you need to set each camera views. Have you try to use LCD PRO by flyelise to have all informations to put in the frustrum date?

about my issue:
have you all monitors and tv (host pc and client pc) at the same frequency in hertz? 60hz?
nbworld

Post by nbworld »

sisoffi wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:05 pm you need to set each camera views. Have you try to use LCD PRO by flyelise to have all informations to put in the frustrum date?

about my issue:
have you all monitors and tv (host pc and client pc) at the same frequency in hertz? 60hz?
No, i do it on viewgroups by hand.
My screens are on 30hz because i have one cable with problems, i will try to see if is cable.
nbworld

Post by nbworld »

Hi,

Well, after testing i could say that viewgroups are not for me ... in this present moment of v4.3 .
In a viewgroups vs nv surround it is very low FPS, my hardware is a TOP one and i do not understand how low it can be. If the 3 windows loading everything vs 1... :) . The Multi-Channel could be handy in this aspect but the investment is too much. The Professional version is what is needed. On the future maybe P3D change that.

Thanks P3d by change a little bit the cameras with the Fish-Eye correction help me alot.

Let´s hope the v4.4 version bring updates for this and others needed stuff.
sisoffi

Post by sisoffi »

Hi,
the same problem i have. Some guru replied dme that is only sync problems from pc's.
Investigate there, for example sync Hertz monitor and sync FPS.

Simone
karrilon

Post by karrilon »

Hi

Set FrameSync=60 in the Network.cfg on the master, set Unlimited FPS in P3D on master and all clients, all other settings (resolution, AA, scenery etc.) to minimum on the master. I'm running an 8 PC network with 7 projectors, and frame rate is averaging 60 with A2A Spitfire, ORBX scenery and Skyforce 3D.

Hope this helps
sisoffi

Post by sisoffi »

Tried with your suggest without results.
Can you post the hardware in use for each machine?
the heartz is 30 or 60?

thsnks Simone