[RESOLVED] Seamless Update 4.2 to 4.3. Delete Shaders?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
Aussie1234

[RESOLVED] Seamless Update 4.2 to 4.3. Delete Shaders?

Post by Aussie1234 »

Thank you for the update.
The Client and Content update went well in my case. It just works well.
I think I have gained a few FPS.
I was wondering. Should I delete my Shaders folder if everything is OK? What will be the result?
Will I gain anything? Will it affect anything? I don't want to lose my config settings.
Aussie
P3d V6: ProSim-AR B737 suite: Fully enc. 737 Cockpit:
ASky6: Orbx world: GSX2: Pilot2ATC: Open Cockpits & Simworld h'dware:
Ext view - 4 LCD monitors, 210' viewgroup from 1x RTX 4080 16Gb. Main i9-13900K MSI 64GB.
Poppet

Re: Seamless Update 4.2 to 4.3. Delete Shaders?

Post by Poppet »

Hello Aussie1234

Deleting the Shaders folder will not effect your settings or 3rd party Add On's. The Shaders are Graphical code that are generated when the sim is launched first

If Prepar3D is launching and flying ok there is no need to take any other action.

It is recommended But not required to Delete the Shaders folder after completing a Client update.

If you do delete the Shaders Prepar3D will generate this folder again when launched next, It may take a little longer to launch Prepar3D only the first time as the Shaders generate again, After this Prepar3D will launch as normal

Hope this helps
Aussie1234

Re: Seamless Update 4.2 to 4.3. Delete Shaders?

Post by Aussie1234 »

Thank you Poppet for your prompt reply.
I just wanted to check the situation before leaving the update alone.
I didn't want to leave, or use slower, legacy files (I believe I haven't deleted the shaders since installing v4.0 when it first came out) if it may help in the never-ending quest for more FPS.

I also didn't know if version 4.3 generated 'better' shader files [whatever they are]. I have added heaps of scenery since installing v4.0.

I guess I'll leave sleeping dogs lie - in the shade.

Aussie.
P3d V6: ProSim-AR B737 suite: Fully enc. 737 Cockpit:
ASky6: Orbx world: GSX2: Pilot2ATC: Open Cockpits & Simworld h'dware:
Ext view - 4 LCD monitors, 210' viewgroup from 1x RTX 4080 16Gb. Main i9-13900K MSI 64GB.