Problem that disabuses a lot when using p3d v4

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
JuanBari

Problem that disabuses a lot when using p3d v4

Post by JuanBari »

Goodnight
Lately I am having a problem that I see quite serious for 1 reasons
1- I have a PC that according to the specifications of the p3d page are the best for the p3dv4

The problem is about the fps, maybe at times the fps down to 20 and then rise to 50-60.
Then to have in the configurations the option of AA in 4xssaa and turn on the lights that illuminate the track goes down to 18 fps
I would like to know if someone can give me an answer because I have already followed all the written procedures that have been discussed in the forum
My pc is an i7 7700, gtx 1070 8gb, 16 ram
The simulator is with all configurations in high and some things in between, a partner with a pc equal to mine runs the simulator at 80 fps with the same configurations
Inside the simulator I have ORBX Global, Vector, LC SA and trees, I also use the rex 4 in medium configuration and asn and asca
the temperatures are kept within the limits of the manufacturers.
I just deleted and reinstalled the video drivers to prove that it is not that and nothing, delete cfg, delete the shadows folder and nothing

Does anyone know if it can influence something that is configured on the PC?

I am looking forward to your response

regards
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Problem that disabuses a lot when using p3d v4

Post by Rob McCarthy »

You may need to further tune your settings. Dynamic lighting with SSAA can be performance intensive. Try changing to MSAA when using dynamic lighting if you are experiencing large FPS drops on your hardware.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
JuanBari

Post by JuanBari »

good day, because in a couple of computers pass? partners with myself PC have super high settings and do not have a low fps
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

There could be many other differences between those machines including third party add-ons or other applications including virus scanners that could impact system performance. As I mentioned before if the main FPS drop you are seeing is with dynamic lighting then I recommend using MSAA instead of SSAA on your hardware.

We also have general debugging steps here that may help you isolate any other issues you are experiencing:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
JuanBari

Post by JuanBari »

Perfect, I'll go through that during the afternoon and comment on how I went here
JuanBari

Post by JuanBari »

To add the data of my pc to see if the problem is here
I have the version of p3dv4 4.2.21.24048.
my specifications are
-i7 7700 to 4.0ghz
-gigabyte gtx 1070 8gb
-16 gb ram
-win 10 with the latest updates
The addons I often use in my simulator are
- orbx (global, veector, openlc south america, trees and lights)
- rex 4 with soft clouds (graphics in between)
-asn and asca

I hope it serves as something
regards