Nose wheel on rudder on same axis?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
Avidean

Nose wheel on rudder on same axis?

Post by Avidean »

I've just started using P3D V4.1 again after a hiatus and I have noticed that the Ground steering axis and rudder axis apparently cannot be assigned to the same joystick axis? so it would seem that I can either steer on the ground of have yaw control in the air but not both :-P

Is there a way of assigning both of these controls to the same joystick axis without FSUIPC?
downscc

Re: Noise wheel on rudder on same axis?

Post by downscc »

Some clarification would help understand what you are trying to do. A joystick normally controls pitch and roll (elevator and aileron) and not yaw (rudder) unless you have a stick that has an extra axis such as twist.

Assigning your controller to the rudder axis will also provide nose wheel steering, perhaps you have auto coordination enabled and that is inhibiting the yaw axis?

No need for FSUIPC, simply open the controls UI and select axis on lower left and ensure your controller is selected in the top down list on upper part of UI. Select rudder and assign your controller. Also be sure to run the calibration.
Dan Downs
KCRP
aeronauta

Re: Noise wheel on rudder on same axis?

Post by aeronauta »

Assign your rudder to an axis , then tick the box in Menu>Options>realism Use Autorudder , the Nose wheel will turn with the rudder on the ground and the rudder will work in the air.

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB