Crash P3DV4.1

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
HB-JNA

Crash P3DV4.1

Post by HB-JNA »

Good day Guys

Since two weeks, when I'm flying in my P3DV4.1 after some hours the sim crashed.
I've checked the region and it still always crashing over the nordsea. See below picture (radius like in red)
When I check the Error message, Windows 10 say following:
I'm not sure if the problem maybe is via Ezdok Camera but I don't think so. Maybe someone can help me to resolve this problem.

Thanks and best regards
Massi
Poppet

Re: Crash P3DV4.1

Post by Poppet »

Hello Massi

A quick test you could try is this

Click and Move your Scenery.cfg file out of the location below and onto your desktop

Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4 - Scenery.cfg

When you launch Prepar3D a default scenery.cfg file will generate. Try this same flight again and see if Prepar3D crash's, If not, then you will know you have an Add On Scenery that is causing you this Issue.

If this is the case move your original scenery.cfg file back into the same location again, Launch Prepar3D and disable your Scenery Add On's one by one via the Prepar3D scenery library and test to find the problematic scenery Add On

A quick way of locating the scenery.cfg file is to Copy the TEX below and Paste it into your windows search bar and click on the result, This will bring you directly to the correct location

Code: Select all

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Let us know how you get on
HB-JNA

Re: Crash P3DV4.1

Post by HB-JNA »

Dear Elaine

Thank you for your answer. Sorry for my late replay but I arrived back from my Businesstrip today. I didn't have any access to my computer but I'll check this coming weekend and keep you updated.

Thanks & kind regards
Massi