[RESOLVED] Custom Camera - fails to hold

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
FatherDane

[RESOLVED] Custom Camera - fails to hold

Post by FatherDane »

Hello
I created a Custom Camera front view partly to replace the "fish-eye" default, but more to replicate the actual height and visual view from a proper 737 flight deck. This was done with the assistance of an actual 737 airline pilot who said the default views were wrong. Creating the custom camera view was easy enough and changing the default view was also easy, but I notice that at certain points (like when I am on approach and disengage the autopilot) the view "drops". That is the point of view actually points down and not at the "horizon" as set up.
Is this something you are aware of? Can it be corrected? How can I "force" the view to remain in place, please?
By the way, I use P3Dv4 and PMDG 737NGX for the aircraft and the view is a modified Cockpit View ... here is part of the Custom Cameras XML file:
<CustomCamera>
<Name>Front</Name>
<ExcludeVcSensor>False</ExcludeVcSensor>
<Zoom>0.500000</Zoom>
<Duration>0.000000</Duration>
<ChaseDistance>0.000000</ChaseDistance>
<ParentGUID>{B1386D92-4782-4682-A137-738E25D1BAB5}</ParentGUID>
<ViewFrustum>
<OffsetXYZ>0.000000,1.000000,0.000000</OffsetXYZ>
<OffsetPBH>-4.000000,0.000000,0.000000</OffsetPBH>
</ViewFrustum>
<Plugin>
<Name>HDRPostProcess</Name>
</Plugin>
<Plugin>
<Name>FXAAResolve</Name>
</Plugin>
</CustomCamera>
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Father Dane
Best wishes
Father Dane
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Custom Camera - fails to hold

Post by Rob McCarthy »

One thing to note about custom cameras is that they do not actually generate new cameras. These apply offsets, rotation, and post processes to existing cameras. If a custom camera is created for the cockpit and modifies any of these values switching back to the default cockpit view will still have these applied. Usually it is best to create a custom camera containing default values first to easily go back to this state.

Also if this is not what you are experiencing are you seeing this behavior when using default vehicles?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
FatherDane

Re: Custom Camera - fails to hold

Post by FatherDane »

Hello
Thank you for the response. I did try something else in the meantime, I went ahead and saved the view to the specific scenario. Here is the entry:
<Section Name="Window.1">
<Property Name="Order" Value="1" />
<Property Name="Active" Value="True" />
<Property Name="Undocked" Value="False" />
<Property Name="Maximized" Value="True" />
<Property Name="Locked" Value="True" />
<Property Name="ScreenUniCoords" Value="0, 0, 8192, 3500" />
<Property Name="UndocCoords" Value="0, 0, 0, 0" />
<Property Name="CurrentCamera" Value="{B1386D92-4782-4682-A137-738E25D1BAB5}" />
<Property Name="ViewLocation" Value="Front" />
</Section>
<Section Name="Camera.1.1">
<Property Name="Guid" Value="{B1386D92-4782-4682-A137-738E25D1BAB5}" />
<Property Name="Title" Value="Cockpit" />
<Property Name="PanelOnlyView" Value="False" />
<Property Name="Zoom" Value="0.5" />
<Property Name="Translation" Value="0, 1, 0" />
<Property Name="SensorMode" Value="0" />
<Property Name="Rotation" Value="-4, 0, 0" />
<Property Name="PostProcess.0" Value="HDRPostProcess" />
<Property Name="PostProcess.1" Value="FXAAResolve" />
</Section>
Are you saying that I should change the <Property Name="Title" Value="Cockpit" /> to something else?

As to the behaviour - yes, I am seeing it on all scenarios that I try to use FRONT for the default view - the actual viewpoint will drop down when I press the autopilot disengage which is a bit irritating on a short final. So, is there anything in the above definition that could be changed to ensure it remains fixed?
Many thanks
Father Dane
Best wishes
Father Dane
FatherDane

SOLVED Custom Camera - fails to hold

Post by FatherDane »

Hello
I believe the problem is SOLVED.
I discovered that the cause behind the drop in viewpoint when I pressed the Autopilot Disengage button (on my yoke) it was also sending a KEYPRESS command to PMDG. In my case, that was CTRL + End. It was this key combination that caused the shift in view.
I setup a different KeyPress (in my case I chose ALT + END and the problem seems to have gone away.
I am always holding my breath, however, but I think the problem is now solved!
Many thanks
Father Dane
Best wishes
Father Dane