MultiChannel Performance Options

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
JamesClarkson

MultiChannel Performance Options

Post by JamesClarkson »

Hi everyone, I have a question for the community regarding multichannel on Prepar3d;

Have people found rendering performance is better on a single PC with top end graphics card (say 2xGeforce 1080Ti with SLI-HB with all displays connected to the primary card), or one PC for each image channel (say quadro cards and quadro sync II daughter cards to sort the hardware frame synchronisation) using P3D Multichannel? I believe plugging 3 displays into 1 card forces them all to frame sync but I'm not 100% on that.

From what I have read elsewhere on the forum it's more efficient in an SLI setup with 2x GFX cards to connect all displays to the primary card and use the secondary card on SLI as additional computing power. With the new SLI HB this should give good performance.

The reason I ask is that I'm looking to set up a home sim using projectors and I know that channel tearing/syncing is a major issue, but the Quadro route is mega expensive.

Anyone got any insight or experience in setting this up in P3d and whether P3D's rendering engine is optimised for one of these two options?

Thanks

James
Saldo

Re: MultiChannel Performance Options

Post by Saldo »

See it this way : what is more taxing for your cpu ? Calculating objects for 1 screen or 2-3 screens ?