Dead Reckoning "Wiggle" on Some Entities/Models

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
MakerPlane

Dead Reckoning "Wiggle" on Some Entities/Models

Post by MakerPlane »

Hi Guys,

This is a really old issue that dates back to FSX/ESP days and is still in Prepar3D. I was running Prepar3D v3.4 Pro in a DIS environment during a NATO exercise last week and noted that some external models (not ownship) that are viewed in new window views will "wiggle" their wings at a high rate and some don't. I assume it is a dead-reckoning issue possibly related to the model origin point? Not sure. It is a bit of a pain when I am trying to view DIS entities mapped on the "bad" models to keep track of them.

I didn't have time to look at all models, so just quickly went through the P3D generated traffic at the time and viewed each one in a camera view to see if they had the issue. This is what I found:

Good (models don't wiggle their wings)
==================================
King Air 350
Regional Jet
Cherokee 180
Bonanza A36

Bad (wings wiggle)
================
Acclaim
Commercial Jet

Easy to reproduce, just open up a new camera view on the generated air traffic until you get an Acclaim or Commercial Jet variant. As I said, no time to test all models, so this may occur on other models.

John
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Re: Dead Reckoning "Wiggle" on Some Entities/Models

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi John,

When you say generated air traffic, do you mean remote DIS entities or local AI traffic?

Thanks.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
MakerPlane

Re: Dead Reckoning "Wiggle" on Some Entities/Models

Post by MakerPlane »

It is both, however I only had time to test and provide results on auto generated traffic on the default aircraft models. I will hopefully have more time to test next week once I install P3D v4 on our systems and provide a more conclusive list.