How do I save multichannel set up configuration?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
sgst

How do I save multichannel set up configuration?

Post by sgst »

Dear all

I have finally after much work set up my multichannel screen configuration. I have 5 computers. 1 host for instruments and 4 Clients running 5 screens for outside view.

Every time I startup the host screen shows a compressed image of the outside view (a compression of all 5 views). All Clients also show the same compressed image.

The first thing I do is to configure the "child views". I have to configure each and every screen by choosing which screen shall have which child view, and also (on the Client with 2 screens) open a second view, undock and place the window on the second screen, then select the relevant child view.

Is there a way to save the configuration so that all Clients show the correct image on the screens upon startup?

Is there a way to close the compresssed outside view on the Host computer and save this configuration? In my view there is no point in the host computer using its capacity showing the compressed outside view graphics during flight

Looking forward to any input you may have!
sgst

Re: How do I save multichannel set up configuration?

Post by sgst »

Gentlemen!

There must be some of you who are using multichannel and know how to save the configuration?

Is it possible to save the flight so all screens on all computers are ready configured upon startup?

The developers must have thought about this?
Last edited by Poppet on Thu May 25, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited post to remove Massive images of happy face