Trackir not working

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
dfreemanfso

Trackir not working

Post by dfreemanfso »

Guys,

I posted this over at the Trackir forums, but was wondering if you could share any insight...very frustrated.

I have owned my Trackir since 2014 and have never had an issue. It has run fine in P3D 3.4 for several weeks. When I started it up last night I get one green led light on the left and the user interface, but nothing in P3D. I've been through the forums here and at LM and have tried everything under the sun.

Run Trackir as admin
Updated and reinstalled the software
Run P3D not as an admin
ran all the simconnect MSIs inside P3D
changed my Prepared 3D.exe to P3D.exe

I am frustrated and out of options. I am at a loss as to how a great product can run so well for so long and then randomly stoop working with no solutions.

The only thing I can think of that caused this is my install of the FSlabs A320 for prepared that requires me to run P3D as an admin.

Please help.

Thanks,

Dave
tmorel

Re: Trackir not working

Post by tmorel »

Just bought and installed P3D for the first time, seems ok apart from TrackIR not working.
I saw all the posts about renaming exe, run as admin, don't run as admin, wear your pants on your head, install random simconnect's and decided I'd come here to see if it's just me - glad to see you're not alone Dave.
tmorel

Post by tmorel »

OK this is what I went thru...

Clean install of P3D - TrackIR did not work
Installed ChasePlane - TrackIR now worked
Installed FSLabs A320 - TrackIR did not work
Uninstalled/reinstalled ChasePlane - TrackIR now works

I know ChasePlane is still in Alpha and isn't exactly cheap, but it's doing a great job and already I'm preferring it over Ezdok so I would recommend it. As for FSLabs, it appears as if it stopped TrackIR but I can't say with 100% confidence.
dfreemanfso

Post by dfreemanfso »

Im about done with the FS Labs A320. It has so much potential in systems replication and flight dynamics, but it is not optimized for memory management, is buggy with control settings, and the VC is only OK. The install was a big pain as well. If it is indeed the culpurit for ruining my TrackIr, then I will definately remove it and go back to Aerosoft - which is a pretty solid add-on for the price. $150.00 isnt worth the issues I've had with the FSLabs Airbus.