after install client 3.4.18.19475 with PMDG

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
ferondoe

after install client 3.4.18.19475 with PMDG

Post by ferondoe »

After installing the client P3D 3.4.18.19475 I have the text that flash as well as the sky, I have to call a window of my PMDG and I place it on the second screen so that it stops flashing. I also wanted to load a recorded flight from my 737 PMDG and when I found myself in the parking all my tabs on the P3D toolbar are inactive. Third I lost a flight after an hour with a message telling me that my GTX TITAN Z graphics card will stop. I have an update of my graphics card but the problems persist.
Also when I load P3D with PMDG loading of P3D is done up to 100% with loading complete! But the screen remains there.
Do you have a solution to these problems by thanking you
Marty
ferondoe

Re: after install client 3.4.18.19475

Post by ferondoe »

I have updated the driver of my graphics card but the problem persists. When I load a flight with the pmdg or another plane the simu load but remains locked at 100% without ever displaying the image. To be able to fly with my PMDG yesterday I had to uninstall the client.msi and put the old one.
Would anyone have a solution?
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Re: after install client 3.4.18.19475 with PMDG

Post by Adam Breed »

Hi ferondoe,

Do you see the same issue with any aircraft that is not created by PMDG? Have you contacted PMDG?

What other add-ons do you have installed?

Regards,
Adam
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager
Freddy Ogoula

Post by Freddy Ogoula »

Hi,

Did not want to open an additional thread but I experience the same issues, since I upgraded to 3.4.18.19475:
- P3D's load window stuck at 100% and nothing happens and when it passed this step the text was flashing leading the sim to stuttering, no matter which plane or scenery is loaded
- after a full re-install of P3D, no more "load window" blockage issue but text is still flashing (menu, etc.) and sim still stuttering (almost unusable)
My config: P3D Academic License, intel core i7 4930K, Win10 60 bits, GPU 2 x GTX1080 SLI (pilots up-to-date), several addons installed (Orbx FTX Global, Orbx regions/airports, FSDreamteam, Flightbeam, Taxi2Gate, etc. + PMDG 737NGX/777 + Majestic Software DH8 Q400 + HiFi Tec AS2016 + etc.)

best regards
Fred
Freddy Ogoula

Post by Freddy Ogoula »

Correction to my previous post:
- after a full re-install of P3D the startup window is still blocking (sometimes, randomly?) at 100% load

regards
Fred
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

Hi Fred,

You will likely want to isolate the add-on that is causing the issue.

You can do that by trying the recommendation on our FAQs: http://www.prepar3d.com/frequently-asked-questions/

Code: Select all

Prepar3D does not start, instantly shuts down, or does not perform as expected. What is wrong?

Ensure the proper graphics card is set to run Prepar3D. If an onboard video card (Intel HD) is told to run Prepar3D, these issues will likely occur. To correct, use the appropriate video card software to configure the graphic card’s control of Prepar3D. For NVIDIA graphics cards, open the NVIDIA Control Panel, select Manage 3D settings, and set the Preferred graphics processor to High-performance NVIDIA processor. You can also set Prepar3D.exe’s preferred graphics processor directly under the Program Settings tab under Manage 3D settings.

Often you might need to delete the following generated folders/files to have Prepar3D respect your changes. This will result in any add-ons being removed/disabled.

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

Verify the fix was successful by opening Prepar3D and selecting Options, Settings, and under Full Screen Settings you should see the correct graphics card listed under Display.
You also mention flickering. Are you running SLI? If so, please see http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... &hilit=SLI for more information. We will update that thread with information as we work to solve it with NVIDIA.

Regards,
Adam
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager